Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature with these intricate LEGO® models of well-known birds! Created by keen gardener and bird enthusiast Thomas Poulsom and selected by LEGO Ideas members, each replica bird hails from a different continent: the Robin from Europe; the Blue Jay from North America; and the Hummingbird from South America. These beautiful and detailed models come with their own presentation stands showing their scientific names, so that you can display your birds for allto enjoy or detach and play as you wish. This set also includes 3 booklets containing lots more information about each of these fascinating species as well as the creator of these amazing models.
- Features 3 models: a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin
- Includes a presentation stand for each bird featuring its Latin name
- Enjoy building and rebuilding these intricate models
- Display the birds using their specially designed stands
- Recreate the birds that received over 10,000 votes from LEGO® Ideas members
- Learn more about the species in the booklets provided
- Includes building instructions and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and birds alike
- Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
- Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
- Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- August 26th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Birds of a Feather Stick TogetherJediLegoLover | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!The Lego Birds are pure genius! I am glad that this Lego Idea became an approved product, as the birds are simply stunning. They come in a beautiful box reminiscent of the Architecture range, and with an instruction booklet for each bird that gives a background on it's real counterpart. The Robin is such an iconic bird with it's red chest, beautiful song and cheeky personality, and it's Lego model is my personal favourite. The shape is just right, along with the colouring, and the detail is extraordinary - even the feet have been captured in Lego. Next up is the Bluejay. Unlike it's European cousin, the American Bluejay has much brighter colouring and patterning, and again this has been captured excellently in Lego form. The blue is just the right colour, the patterning on the wings and tail is wonderful, and the beak and feet look just like they should. Lastly is the Hummingbird, which not only comes with a stand but also a very beautiful flower. Out of the three of them, this is the trickiest shape to achieve due to the outstretched wings. However once finished the model looks wonderful, and you can pose the hummingbird to look as if it is sipping nectar from the flower. This is a beautiful set and a fantastic example of what you can create from Lego. The birds look amazing and are perfect for display. The plaques with the Latin names on are a wonderful touch. My only issue with the set is that the birds are a bit heavy for their stands and so are a little wobbly. However this is a minor issue. The Birds Lego set is simply stunning and a must have for Lego fans!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- December 14th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great experience, excellent show pieceTomAFOL | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs much as I love Lego, first as a kid, then once again 20 years later, Birds is the first Lego set to inspire me to want to share my thoughts with anyone willing to read them on this site. As an adult fan of Lego, there are certain aspects to Lego that I'm simply not interested in - once the build is complete, I won't be using them as toys as I did when I was 10. So I like Lego now for the creation aspect, mini-figs of characters I've loved, and finally as a showpiece. Birds contains no mini-figs. But the build was excellent and employed techniques rarely seen in other sets. And with the build complete this set is the perfect example of what a Lego showpiece should be. It's amazing what Lego can be made to look like, and this set will inspire conversation in every new person that sees it. This set is very unique, perhaps sharing some qualities with the Architecture line, but I'd still love to see more like it.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- January 5th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lovely detail, interesting techniquesosd1000 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThree beautiful models of three beautiful birds. Each comes on its own little stand with a plaque of its scientific name, and the models demonstrate some very cunning building techniques, particularly the robin's studs-on-all-sides design. My only criticism is that the birds' perches are a little wobbly!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- January 4th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Beautiful Set!zezebo | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfRight when I found out that this Lego Idea set was approved I made up my mind to buy it. I was not disappointed! This set is more beautiful in person than any pictures will show you. There isn't much playability but that doesn't matter considering how superb the "Birds" set looks displayed on my shelves! It really looks like something from Legoland and I was impressed with the building techniques involved. It wasn't difficult to build but challenging enough to be fun. I can really see this set as a series with new birds added each year. The box is beautiful and the instructions and art are top notch. The price is very good considering the piece count and especially the look of each bird. I highly recommend this set and I would get it while you can!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds