Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature with these intricate LEGO® models of well-known birds! Created by keen gardener and bird enthusiast Thomas Poulsom and selected by LEGO Ideas members, each replica bird hails from a different continent: the Robin from Europe; the Blue Jay from North America; and the Hummingbird from South America. These beautiful and detailed models come with their own presentation stands showing their scientific names, so that you can display your birds for allto enjoy or detach and play as you wish. This set also includes 3 booklets containing lots more information about each of these fascinating species as well as the creator of these amazing models.
- Features 3 models: a Blue Jay, Hummingbird with flower, and a Robin
- Includes a presentation stand for each bird featuring its Latin name
- Enjoy building and rebuilding these intricate models
- Display the birds using their specially designed stands
- Recreate the birds that received over 10,000 votes from LEGO® Ideas members
- Learn more about the species in the booklets provided
- Includes building instructions and information about the creator
- The perfect gift for fans of LEGO® bricks and birds alike
- Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
- Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
- Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- January 15th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Simply GorgeousKittenClanClan | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI'll try and let the pictures I took speak for themselves as to how gorgeous this set is, but I simply can't understate how elegant it looks. All 3 of the assemblies resemble the birds they're meant to capture excellently, and make for pieces that display well on your desk, on a windowsill, or even in nature photos. Each model has lively, vivid colors, and I particularly like the Robin's shape - She's very lovely, and that somewhat portly, chubby look really makes her look rather friendly. The building process uses some complicated building techniques, but nothing so far advanced that I wouldn't recommend this to people unfamiliar with Lego. Sitting down and constructing these was a delightfully relaxing experience. I feel like the appeal of these Lego birds is very broad, and that this set would make a great gift for almost anyone, especially bird watchers or nature lovers. I hope that these birds are popular, so that we begin to see more sets with realistic looking models from Lego.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- January 16th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0kidnap | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Selfthis is an amazing set. Very playable and reasonable price. The birds look more beautiful than in the pictures. I have to say this one is my favorite. Strongly recommend.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- August 4th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0My FavouriteAliceW | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildThese birds are beautiful! It is one of the best Legos I have. No doubt! The details are wonderful, absolutely value for price!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds
- May 20th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best purchase I've made in a long time.CreaturesAndCastles | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!I got the Lego Birds set for my father who is an avid bird watcher and we finally got to make the last bird today. What most fascinated me was the building out rather than up that just about all other sets have. You start with the belly of the bird an build it using studs on all sides through various connection methods. Since this was my fathers present I would let him build while I sorted and I would also clarify the instructions for him when he had trouble understanding them. The instruction are clear by the way but if you have not built sets in a long time having studs on 5 sides can make it difficult to find the correct orientation. He absolutely loved the set an we had some really good quality time together building them. It was great to see him so happy and the birds look so nice as well above his fireplace. It was some of the best time I've had with him in a long time. No complaints on how it looks. I just would have liked a real flower with its own sign.(The flower does not exist.) I'm considering getting another one for myself as these turned out really well and I really hope we get an organic line from Lego to compliment Architecture. I recommend this set to those who like birds and like nice looking display pieces. The price per part ratio is also great.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Birds