Get behind the wheel of the massive LEGO® Technic Arctic truck. This monster snow crawler is designed to surmount giant snowdrifts and arctic terrain. Featuring 4 huge crawler tracks for ultimate maneuverability, working front steering, massive cab with opening doors, sophisticated suspension mechanism for optimum flexibility, working crane arm with winch and hook, tipping cargo bed, and a cool bright orange and black color scheme. Experience arctic adventures with this magnificent machine! Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) and you have bright LED headlights plus a motorized winch and bed. This 2-in-1 model rebuilds into a Tracked Pickup Truck.
- Features a sophisticated independent suspension mechanism, working crane arm with winch, hook and cargo, 4 huge crawler tracks, working front steering, massive cab with opening doors and a tipping cargo bed
- Check out the cool, bright orange and black color scheme
- Take on the toughest arctic terrain!
- Ascend ice covered inclines
- Operate the awesome crane
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Tracked Pickup Truck
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for workingLED headlights, motorized crane and tipping cargo bed
- Boom reaches over 10” (26cm) into the air!
- Arctic Truck (with crane boom lowered) measures over 6” (16cm) high, 15” (40cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide
- Tracked Pickup Truck measures over 7” (20cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide
- May 30th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun BuildI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI bought the Arctic Truck on a whim and was expecting a boring build. I was quite surprised that it was fun. I don't keep track of the time it takes me to build any model. I sneak in time when there is time. The tracks for the wheels make it super-fun.. I am going to utilize them for different builds. The orange color is great. There are lots of stickers, more than any other build that I have done. They go on easy and are not too much of a fuss. The instructions are well-thought-out. If there are thinking of buying this one, just do it. Great for the kids, This one will not disappoint. The power functions work with this model too.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Arctic Truck
- December 1st, 2016Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Not worth the moneyDoc1984 |Purchased for: SelfSo after going down to the new Lego store in Leicester Square to get my ir kits for making my sets radio controlled and some bricks I needed they didn't have what I needed as clearly the shop is there for tourists and not for Lego enthusiasts such as myself. Anyway I thought I would look at what technics sets they had in there and this one (42038) fought my eye as I'd seen on here it's retiring. So I shelled out the £60 for it which I thought wasn't a bad price for around 1000 pieces. Low and behold I get it home and it's built in under 3 hours and the minimal functions that the power gives you is hardly worth the time adding it (at an extra cost I might add). Not much to play with either. Overall I think Lego could and should have done a lot better with this. It's a shame I can't take it back or I probably would as it's nothing like what the other sets I have are.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Arctic Truck
- January 1st, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great looking truck fromt AFOLMiscman |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really love the look of this set with its great orange and black theme. It's a pretty good sized model for the price too. Functionally it leaves a bit to be desired. First, the tracks can't be rolled on a smooth surface, they just skid along. Rolling it on carpet or a towel works fairly well. The steering takes a lot of force to turn, it kind of feels like you are putting strain on the small knob and gears to get it to turn. The crane is as minimal as it gets. Its reach is somewhat limited and hard to actually drop the cargo in the bed. Also there is no gearing to make the crane turn, you simply grab it and twist to the desired position. Despite these short comings This is a great set. The look is awesome, the B model looks exceptional for a B model, and it has a lot of useful and nice parts (in orange!). Highly recommend getting this set!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Arctic Truck
- August 31st, 2015Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Pretty coolEanable |I would recommend this to a friend!This was my first Technic build ever. I had a very good time building this model. The colors on this model make it look sharp when finished. I did get the power function kit as well to add some power. I mostly just wanted the parts from the kit for future builds. The model itself could have done a little more for the money tho. The box tips and the crane turns with the power kit. By hand you can steer it and tilt and raise crane. The tank type tracks work well on carpet but not on smooth floors. I don't care much about it's playable limits as I just enjoyed the building experience.September 6, 2015Nicholas, Digital Product Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesThanks so much for your feedback on your new TECHNIC build. We are glad to hear of your new found interest in our TECHNIC line and look forward to introducing you further in the future! We also appreciate your feedback on the model to dollar value. There are many ways that we integrate functionality and design into the cost of the LEGO set. Features like online content, extra building instructions, new and specialized parts, and the use of high quality materials that can be passed from generation to generation are all considered when pricing an item. As you can see, a lot goes into this process. Nevertheless your feedback is important so I will be forwarding your comments on to the team in charge of that area. Thanks againPlay ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Arctic Truck