Launch into LEGO® Star Wars missions with the high-speed A-Wing Starfighter, featuring an opening minifigure cockpit, retractable landing gear, rotating laser cannons and dual spring-loaded shooters. There’s also a service cart loaded with tools, extra ammo and a detachable access ladder to load the A-Wing Pilot into position. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: Lando Calrissian, an A-Wing Pilot and a Rebel Ground Crew.
- Features an A-Wing Starfighter and a service cart.
- A-Wing Starfighter features an opening minifigure cockpit, retractable landing gear, rotating laser cannons and two spring-loaded shooters.
- Service cart features a detachable access ladder, toolbox, wrench, welding apparatus, cup and extra ammo.
- Weapons include Lando's special blaster and the A-Wing Pilot's blaster pistol.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 8-14.
- A-Wing Starfighter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- Service cart measures over 2” (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- April 12th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0You truly belong with us here in the clouds..DrSmith |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this with some VIP points offer, and have to say the model is really excellent (apart from the rear undercarriage - more later). Fantastic to have Lando Calrissian, a very neat ground expection vehicle and mechanic (with tea mug - great) and a pilot. This A-Wing is an interesting build as well, with regards the rear engines, wing layout etc. I did not bother with the external decals, as the white pieces will work well with my Lego Architecture Studio (21050). The only fly in the oitment is the rear undercarriage, which when folded sticks out and is untidy (to me) and ruins the overall 'sleekness' of the A-Wing. A quick modification (see photos below) removing the pieces that go between the folding part and the actual landing pad, results in a neat finish. I'll be moding my Tie-Fighter v A-Wing set the same way..Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™
- April 19th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Looks like the movie model :)I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a great new addition to the line up of ships. The just need all the Tie fighter variants. It is a similar build to the A Wing that was the Rebels version, I did not personally build that one bought the set but only wanted it for the Darth Vader Tie Figher and gave the A Wing to my girlfriends son. But great detail and shape every time I look at it, it looks straight out of the movie I have the original when they first started the Star Wars theme I love the original just because of nostalgia since I got those when I was younger and there is no comparison on how they look compared to each other. I did shorten the landing struts like another reviewer did as I agree with them that it ruins the sleekness of the shape the way they stick out. I also added to the cockpit area since it was a bit plain and also the cargo area behind the seat I added a clip so the blaster could be held in place and just added some other touches but now much better I guess this is were some creativity can be played into the set so I do like that each one can be slightly different if the builder chooses. Overall a nice set and love the Lando figure not really sure why he was added to an A -Wing set but nonetheless it was a deciding factor when I was contemplating getting this set.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™
- December 27th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set!DCM1981 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a lifelong SW fan and second time Lego fan after twenty years and a son later, it became my prerogative to collect select craft in nostalgic memory of my younger days glued to X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, X-Wing Vs TIE-Fighter (and the rest), imagining my seemingly open future as a star pilot. This A-Wing model does a great job of summoning that nostalgia, though is let down by one aspect (more on that in a bit). First of all, the mini figures are splendid (I don't use that word often, either). The printing on the pilot and service dude is exceptional, and Lando is as flamboyant as ever with a big grin, huge gun and blue cloak. I have NO IDEA why Lando is included ("hey do you 'member that scene with Lando and an A-Wing? Me neither") but he carries the spirit of Episode V, and it's a welcome addition. The service cart too is fantastically detailed - just look at it, complete with bright red mug. Wonderful. Now. On to the main event. What a beauty it is. Although I do not own the previous A-Wing (with similarly bizarre mini fig inclusions), I prefer the structure of this version, the arced pieces on the side providing a sleeker look. I would have preferred the older model's green thrusters at the back (as opposed to yellow), but that's neither here nor there. The build itself is fairly easy, and the guns are triggered with pleasing little buttons on the top of the craft. The stickers are nice and detailed and the whole model feels very sturdy. My only gripe - and it's not a deal breaker, but maybe worth being aware of if your SW nuttiness exceeds mine - is that the cockpit and 'boot' areas look practically unfinished. I mean, there is no love or detail in these areas whatsoever (bar from one sticker). I have remedied this by adding a joystick, smooth flat pieces to the bottom of the 'boot', and constructed a chair more in line to the previous models' cockpit details (mine looks 10 times better though). I've added clips for the gun, mug, and constructed a plush interior using smooth white pieces so the detail on the outside reflects throughout the whole model. Maybe it comes from all those years playing those games (and the recent X Wing VR Mission) that it was so disappointing to me. Anyway, as I said, fixed. All in all, 8/10!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 25 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45A-Wing Starfighter™
- December 30th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best A-Wing yetChrisH73 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've owned the 2013 A-wing and I currently own the rebels A-wing which comes with Darth Vader's TIE fighter but they are both way behind this one. The build was straightforward and only repetative with the engine build. The finished item is sleek, streamlined and looks every bit the fastest starfighter in the rebel fleet. Although the price is a bit steep you do get the A-wing, ground support vehicle and 3 good minifigures so it's not a bad deal. Green squadron pilot, ground crewman and Lando Calrissian are the minifigures with this set although I'm not sure why Lando is in there. Other than the odd random SW hero rebel general showing up this is a pretty good mid range set which will look good alongside my B-wing and Y-wing. All we need is a new T65 X-wing from Rogue One and it's all good (get the hint LEGO)??? A good set but some might be wondering why it's appeared now?Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™