Launch into LEGO® Star Wars missions with the high-speed A-Wing Starfighter, featuring an opening minifigure cockpit, retractable landing gear, rotating laser cannons and dual spring-loaded shooters. There’s also a service cart loaded with tools, extra ammo and a detachable access ladder to load the A-Wing Pilot into position. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: Lando Calrissian, an A-Wing Pilot and a Rebel Ground Crew.
- Features an A-Wing Starfighter and a service cart.
- A-Wing Starfighter features an opening minifigure cockpit, retractable landing gear, rotating laser cannons and two spring-loaded shooters.
- Service cart features a detachable access ladder, toolbox, wrench, welding apparatus, cup and extra ammo.
- Weapons include Lando's special blaster and the A-Wing Pilot's blaster pistol.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 8-14.
- A-Wing Starfighter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- Service cart measures over 2” (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
- April 12th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0You truly belong with us here in the clouds..DrSmith | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this with some VIP points offer, and have to say the model is really excellent (apart from the rear undercarriage - more later). Fantastic to have Lando Calrissian, a very neat ground expection vehicle and mechanic (with tea mug - great) and a pilot. This A-Wing is an interesting build as well, with regards the rear engines, wing layout etc. I did not bother with the external decals, as the white pieces will work well with my Lego Architecture Studio (21050). The only fly in the oitment is the rear undercarriage, which when folded sticks out and is untidy (to me) and ruins the overall 'sleekness' of the A-Wing. A quick modification (see photos below) removing the pieces that go between the folding part and the actual landing pad, results in a neat finish. I'll be moding my Tie-Fighter v A-Wing set the same way..Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™
- December 27th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set!DCM1981 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a lifelong SW fan and second time Lego fan after twenty years and a son later, it became my prerogative to collect select craft in nostalgic memory of my younger days glued to X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, X-Wing Vs TIE-Fighter (and the rest), imagining my seemingly open future as a star pilot. This A-Wing model does a great job of summoning that nostalgia, though is let down by one aspect (more on that in a bit). First of all, the mini figures are splendid (I don't use that word often, either). The printing on the pilot and service dude is exceptional, and Lando is as flamboyant as ever with a big grin, huge gun and blue cloak. I have NO IDEA why Lando is included ("hey do you 'member that scene with Lando and an A-Wing? Me neither") but he carries the spirit of Episode V, and it's a welcome addition. The service cart too is fantastically detailed - just look at it, complete with bright red mug. Wonderful. Now. On to the main event. What a beauty it is. Although I do not own the previous A-Wing (with similarly bizarre mini fig inclusions), I prefer the structure of this version, the arced pieces on the side providing a sleeker look. I would have preferred the older model's green thrusters at the back (as opposed to yellow), but that's neither here nor there. The build itself is fairly easy, and the guns are triggered with pleasing little buttons on the top of the craft. The stickers are nice and detailed and the whole model feels very sturdy. My only gripe - and it's not a deal breaker, but maybe worth being aware of if your SW nuttiness exceeds mine - is that the cockpit and 'boot' areas look practically unfinished. I mean, there is no love or detail in these areas whatsoever (bar from one sticker). I have remedied this by adding a joystick, smooth flat pieces to the bottom of the 'boot', and constructed a chair more in line to the previous models' cockpit details (mine looks 10 times better though). I've added clips for the gun, mug, and constructed a plush interior using smooth white pieces so the detail on the outside reflects throughout the whole model. Maybe it comes from all those years playing those games (and the recent X Wing VR Mission) that it was so disappointing to me. Anyway, as I said, fixed. All in all, 8/10!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 25 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45A-Wing Starfighter™
- March 26th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Kuat Systems Engineering RZ-1 "A-Wing"Danbo1861 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a pretty good stable mate for the Y-Wing that came out in this series. This is the best looking A-Wing yet, with all the right angles, details, etc. It's durable, and the spring loaded shooters are well hidden with nice button triggers that blend in well with the build. The utility cart/ladder that comes with this is nice as well, that sort of thing always adds to a lively hanger scene. Oh yeah, mini-figures... they are great!! The pilot is good as well as ground crew dude, but I'm really happy that Lando came with this set. That feels like a bonus. This set is a good value for what you get, and who could say no to an A-Wing that looks this good?Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™
- October 22nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0An A* A-Wing!Branchinho | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis really is a great looking and small but compact build. Looks just how it should and the minifigures are great! (Especially Lando and the pilot) It took me about an hour to build but I do take my time and could easily be built in 30-45 mins. The problem for me is the pricing and the stickers. At most it's worth £30 and the stickers for the wings especially are a bit fiddly. Still overall looks great, authentic and the minifigures make it a no brainer!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55A-Wing Starfighter™