From the makers of the immensely popular LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™, comes LEGO The Hobbit, inspired by the first two films in The Hobbit Trilogy: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, productions of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), and the collection of LEGO The Hobbit constructions sets. LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play through their favorite scenes from the films, following the hobbit Bilbo Baggins as he is recruited by the wizard Gandalf to aid Thorin Oakenshield and his company of dwarves. Bilbo leaves the comforts of the Shire on a journey through Middle-earth to help the Dwarves reclaim their lost Kingdom of Erebor within the Lonely Mountain. Along the way, he is introduced to ravenous Trolls, dangerous Orcs and, of course, Gollum and his precious ring. Players must use the Dwarves’ unique combination of abilities – often with hilarious results – to solve the most exciting and varied quests of any LEGO videogame to date.
- Explore Middle-earth and visit key locations from the films: visit Bag End, trek through the treacherous High Pass over The Misty Mountains, or discover the depths of Goblin Town, Mirkwood and Rivendell.
- Partake in treasure quests, mine for gems, discover loot from enemies, and craft powerful magical items or build immense new LEGO® structures.
- Play as your favorite characters from The Hobbit films, including Bilbo, Gandalf, and the Dwarves: Thorin, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori and Ori. Each has his own special – and quite hilarious – ability. For example, Bombur can be used as a trampoline to “belly-bounce” his companions out of danger!
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Triumph in a game of riddles and learn to wield the power of The One Ring.
©2014 The LEGO Group. © New Line. ™ & © SZC lic. to WBIE. (s14)