Little hands have a tendency of finding their way into pretty much everything – cupboards, drawers, expensive face cream… – so this is a brilliant craft idea for keeping tiny explorers busy, all whilst creating a wonderful keepsake.
Once you’ve made the flowers from handprints, what better way to display them than in an original, handmade LEGO® DUPLO® vase?
You can let your imagination run wild with this activity by using a mixture of paints and papers, different decorations and whatever size vase you need.
What you need
- - A selection of LEGO DUPLO bricks
- - A small LEGO DUPLO base plate (optional)
- - Straws for the flower stems
- - Colored and white paper
- - A range of child-safe paints
- - Scissors
- - Sticky tape
1. Have fun making handprints with child-safe paint on paper
You may want to use a tablecloth or old clothes to avoid getting stressed about the mess. Water-based paints will be easiest to wash from your child’s hands.
2. Cut out the petals and a colored flower center and stick it all together
We then stuck the flowers to green straws to look like stems. (Note – Small children will need supervision when using scissors!)
3. Make a vase from LEGO DUPLO bricks
You can copy our design or encourage your little one to invent their own.
4. Arrange the flowers in your vase - then present to a deserving loved one!
Scissors can be dangerous for small children, so please make sure you supervise them closely during use.