This is a simple but fun activity for pre-schoolers that will make your little one feel like a champion every time they knock a pin down. It’s the perfect activity for an afternoon indoors because after a few minutes set up it can be repeated again and again. Older children can also play along because it’s easy to make this game more difficult.
What you need:
- - LEGO® DUPLO® bricks
- - Any LEGO DUPLO figures or flowers you have
- - A ball
1. Help your toddler to build six towers from LEGO DUPLO bricks
Count the bricks together as you build, or ask your little one to make the towers a specific number of bricks high.
2. Decorate them with any flowers or animals you have
Making the towers look different is a great way to add number skills and make the game more exciting, for example the red flower could be worth 10 points, while the deer tower could be worth 100. Older children learning to write can help by keeping score too.
3. Line them up in a triangle formation
4. Give your toddler a ball to bowl at the LEGO DUPLO towers
Experiment with different types of ball to make bowling more challenging, or you could even try a toy car. A balled up pair of (clean!) socks also makes a perfect safe alternative if you're worried about the windows.