Pre-schoolers love crafting with glitter but it does tend to get everywhere. So what could be better than a mess-free jar of swirly mesmerizing glitter ready to play with at any moment. If you’ve never made a calm jar before then you might find this a surprisingly fun and intriguing activity for you and your child to do together.
You’ll probably discover that shaking the jar and watching the glitter fall to the bottom is a calming activity for little ones – and you might just find it relaxing yourself! All you’ll need is a few household items, oh and a LOT of glitter.
What you need:
- - A screw-top jar or bottle (ideally plastic)
- - Glitter glue
- - Glitter
- - Super glue
- - Warm water
- - Food dye
- - A spoon
1. Squeeze all of the glitter glue into the jar
Tip: if you don't have any glitter glue in the house you can always use clear school glue. The more glue you add the more slowly the glitter will fall to the bottom of the jar.
2. Pour in the rest of the glitter
Use different colors to make it extra pretty.
3. Pour warm water into the jar and stir with a spoon
4. Add a few drops of food dye to make it look really magical
Watch the pretty colors spread out through the water.
5. Stir everything up with a spoon
Stir stir stir.
6. Screw the lid on and shake it all up!