Vice President-Parts External Manufacturing
Why would the ideal candidate want to work at LEGO in this position?PEM VP is a GM role with significant strategic impact, broad stakeholder engagement, impact on company Production Platforms decision making and LEGO value chain & supply network design. We are not looking for a procurement expert. Instead the person should have broad manufacturing experience, including product development and engineering.
What is rewarding or fulfilling about this role?
Scale, scope, strategic business and leadership impact, stakeholders’ network, diverse cultural exposure and LEGO operating model insight.
Core Responsibilities- Lead, engage, energize, and manage PEM organization and Leadership Team
- Set direction in accordance with TLG strategy & business plans, set KPI/targets and monitor performance
- Design organization, ensure acquisition & development of right competences and capabilities; plan, execute and control the work of the team and lead by examples
- Motivate team to achieve outstanding results, drive collaborative/ supportive culture and team spirit
- Continuously work on driving coherence & simplicity, reducing complexity and increasing efficiency
- Secure strong global stakeholders, suppliers & customers’ management
- Drive strong and effective collaboration between the team itself spread across the globe and with their global stakeholders
- Build and maintain global supply base with appropriate capabilities, capacity and footprint according to ever evolving TLG portfolio needs, including negotiations, contracting, relationship building, risk management and supplier performance. Understand and analyze category dynamics, supply chains, cost drivers and risks and adjust plans accordingly based on scenario thinking
- Lead external novelty parts portfolio development in engineering aspect and secure risk evaluation on time, cost and quality
- Drive further replenishment engineering and process optimization
- Drive and own management of LEGO owned assets at suppliers (e.g. injection molds, test equipment etc) including maintenance and scrap.
- Drive and own re-order mold process
- Drive development and execution of supplier’s S&OP coherently and in alignment with global S&OP process, bottleneck management, and enhancement of flexibility on delivery
- Drive Continuous improvement and process optimization
- Proactively search, develop and sustain talents including succession planning in PEM as well as global Procurement organization
- Embed and execute Environmental Policy and Health and Safety Policy into daily work
- Represent TLG as legal representative for the SZ legal entity
- Play active role as member of global Procurement LT
- Contribute as decision maker of LDP PP process decision forum
- Participate in LDP P process to understand future portfolio development and challenges. Flag risks timely when/if foreseen for appropriate management decision
Play your part in our team succeedingVP PEM through its daily behavior must support LEGO strategy and role-model LEGO values. VP PEM is a member of Global Procurement LT, decision maker in LDP PP process and participates in LDP P process to understand future TLG portfolio needs.
Main Challenge: To keep a delicate balance between TLG’s needs for competitiveness, quality, compliance and risks while ensuring appropriate relationship level and performance of suppliers upon whom TLG typically posses high level of portfolio dependency.
Do you have what it takes?- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/ Mechanical or Electronics Engineering, or similar
- Min 15+ years experience in Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain/ Planning in an international company.
- Experience in Consumer electronics will be highly preferred.
- Proven record in building/ managing capabilities around electromechanical components sourcing
- Experience in manufacturing (product development, engineering) will be highly preferred
- Reputable leadership and people development experience
- Supply Chain understanding and coherent end-to-end thinking
- Strong stakeholder management (internal, suppliers as well as government) and network building
- Strong ability to enhance coherence across the organization
- Proven skills and experience in project management
- Excellent skills in communication and team work, constantly setting bar high and leading by example
- Target oriented with excellent leadership, coaching and change management skills
- Ability to travel globally for significant amount of time
- Master’s degree in Procurement/ Business/ Commerce/ Supply Chain & Logistics/ Engineering or other similar area
- Strong understanding of and experience in working with/ navigating the LEGO Value Chain and supply network
- Certifications in relevant areas such as Project Management, Procurement and/or Logistics & Supply Chain
- Advanced: English
Join the global LEGO® family
The LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE