Trade Marketing Manager, Hong Kong & Taiwan (Location: Hong Kong or Taiwan)
Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Are you a highly-charged professional that enjoys driving business growth and analyzing customer landscape?Are you ambitious enough to create new horizons in customer value and trade marketing mechanics to make a huge impact to in-store solutions, promotions and other marketing campaigns? Do you enjoy working in a fun-loving and dynamic environment?
As the Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) for LEGO Hong Kong & Taiwan, you will be responsible for activating against regional and local marketing priorities, driving business growth in the local retail landscape by understanding the shopper insights. You will play a pivotal role in the development of LEGO’s brand presence and experience across all retail channels.
The overall ambition for the position is to elevate in-store marketing to a key priority within the overall marketing mix and make the discipline a strategic tool for success when building the LEGO brand in the BU. The TMM will develop and execute our in-store strategy and priorities by channel and ensure a solid fact-based foundation to base our choices upon.
Your specific tasks include:• Lead and develop the key shopper seasonal campaign and local shopper occasional campaign
• GWP management
• Lead & Develop Channel Strategy & Product Assortment Strategy as well as Nationwide & Channel Specific shopper promotion to differentiate each retailer positioning
• Co-lead with Key Account Manager on channel presentation
• Lead of local retail innovation
• Project lead of LEGO certified store opening and other channel store opening
• Instore visual merchandizing & POP material management
• Instore upgrade, revamp and maintenance management
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe TMM will be overall responsible for driving customer value by leveraging trade marketing mechanics and developing high impact and effective in-store solutions, campaigns, promotions and implementation of store builds (NGI openings) to enhance the LEGO brand position towards customers, shoppers and consumers. In addition, the TMM will be in charge of formulating merchandising strategy (space, location, branding and listing guidelines), developing mechanics and principles for in-store brand activation and developing trade promotional master plan/calendar based on a segmented channel perspective.
The TMM will take ownership of all initiatives related to the defined Trade Marketing related commercial must-win-battle for the BU and will be participating and representing the BU in all relevant regional/global shopper and trade marketing related networks. The HK & TW BU Trade Marketing team comprises of a team of 3 members with the TMM looking after both HK & TW & 2 trade marketing coordinators supporting in both markets. This role will report to the Head of marketing for Hong Kong & Taiwan.
Do you have what it takes?• Previous experience 3+ years within trade/retail marketing, shopper marketing or in-store marketing at manager level. Shopper centric approach to trade/ in-store marketing discipline required
• Experience in sales or marketing of FMCG, Toy industry, Fashion Novelty brands is a bonus
• Experience in managing different local markets is preferable
• At least 3+ years’ experience in working with regional/global team or related project team
• Experience with channel strategy formulation as well as handling and implementing trade marketing budgets
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand short and long-term business strategies, financial concepts and the mechanism of retail profit and loss
• Solid strategic capabilities combined with strong executional skills
• A willingness to travel about 30% of the work time
• Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese & English, both oral and written
• Master or Degree holder. Marketing & business-related education is preferable
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“People talk about opportunities coming once in a lifetime. Now, imagine having the ability to work with an inspirational global brand, the opportunity to meaningfully bring the business to life in Asia and change lives by bringing the LEGO® play experience to children's hands. I can't think of a more fulfilling or noble cause - if you want to be an instrumental part in mapping the LEGO® journey in Asia - then this is your call to action!” – Nigel Kong, Trade Marketing Director, APAC Marketing