Technical Mould Developer (Mechanical Engineer)
Do you like toys? Do you like to play? Do you like moulding technology? Why not combine all three?If Engineering is your passion and would like to push its boundaries, then this job is for you.
If you have a positive mindset and love working in a fast paced environment where teams remain agile and quick to respond, then this job is for you.
Core Responsibilities• Ensure elements are delivered on time, on cost, in good quality, and in adherence to standards.
• As Mould Developer you will transfer your expertise between the design and engineering organization related to by providing and ensuring the right level of DFM within LEGO Moulding Technology
• Ensure the right technical solution and make sure we are keeping the standards into the LEGO mould setup
• Lead, share and enforce your specialist knowledge with key stakeholders.
• Actively seek out and drive improvements and simplicity thinking across TMD.
• Ambassador for our MP2015 platform
• Define and drive processes in line with reducing lead time, cost and improving quality.
• Cultivate knowledge in technical mould development and its processes.
• Cultivate a positive culture in mould design focusing on teamwork, LEAN practices and productivity
Play your part in our team succeedingTechnical Mould Development is a part of Elements & Moulds in Engineering & Quality, a vital part of LEGO Operations.
We kick-off all Mould Development in the E&M organization. In close corporation with Element Development we do this by acting as partners across Elements & Moulds regarding the development of the mould. This includes maturing of elements for production and development of prototypes. A high-quality level and an accurate delivery is key to us and we strive continuously to improve in this area to raise the bar even further.
We value an informal and trusting work environment where empowerment of the employees is in focus.
The focus area for Technical Mould Development is to develop the best injection mould solutions possible with focus on quality, lead time and cost.
Technical Mould Development is a part of EDFS which belongs to E&M.
Do you have what it takes?• Mechanical engineer, toolmaker or similar
• CAD systems, preferably NX, 3D Design, Microsoft Office, SAP
• Senior experience from similar position
• Experience within injection moulding, plastic materials and/or product development and design
• Aware of the effort needed to create high quality products/parts from a technical point of view
• End2end perspective for creation of high quality moulds
• Design in 3D CAD system (NX)
• Experience and strong drive to employ LEAN practices in mould design
• Sharepoint, Power BI
• Proficient in both written and spoken English
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"Do you have what it takes to develop faster and better mould solutions for LEGO? You will get to work in a unique organization and collaborate with teams across geographical and cultural barriers."