System Test Engineer (Mechatronics Engineer)
Are you passionate about making hypothesises and test experiments to validate the next generation of technology-enhanced LEGO® products?Would you like to play with technology components to ensure the highest possible play-value for children around the world?
Then this new position is your opportunity to develop experiments that ensure full functionality both in the component and across the platform for LEGO® technology components.
Core ResponsibilitiesAs a system test engineer in Product Technology you will play a key role to help component development engineers make “design of experiments” that ensure that our technology components have the right functionality according to the customer requirements, platform adherence, robustness in design and the required quality.
You will be part of a cross functional matrix organisation working very closely with other engineering and design functions in the development of the technology-enhanced LEGO® products. You will be an octopus reaching into both the Mechanics, Hardware and Firmware teams to design your tests and experiments and visualize dependencies between specification in the above functional areas.
You can look forward to joining a very passionate team of engineers, with an extensive experience track record, spending time on:
• Performing functional and end-to-end system performance tests according to established verification/test plan
• Working with developers to employ iterative development test strategies and tactics on assigned projects and ensure full execution of the strategy
• Reporting defects and assist developers in reproducing defects and assist in finding the root cause of various defects
• Analyzing faults, repeat tests, both correct and incorrect results, and develop preliminary means of improvement on incorrect test results
• Making test-scripts in Python or similar programs
Play your part in our team succeedingAt our headquarters in Billund, you will join the Product Technology department who delivers LEGO technology elements for experiences across all LEGO product areas - from simple light effects to market-leading digital/physical play experiences and educational tool kits.
LEGO power function, LEGO Mindstorms, Pneumatics system, Actuators are among some of the components we develop in Product Technology.
Our team’s core responsibility is to be the glue between the other functions in Product Technology. You will find us in very early concept development helping our internal costumers making good decisions on concept directions and challenging the feasibility and manufacturability of the technology components.
One of your colleagues says, “We construct the outer and inner design in technology components, making sure we adhere to the electronics design, physical design, material selection, through intensive testing and validation”. At the Mass-production stage our team will run in the assembly line for the full component production in Asia.
Joining the LEGO family, you will be part of a fun, energetic and international work environment and let your designs inspire children around the world.
Do you have what it takes?In addition to being able to develop good test experiments, you work in a structured and data driven way with these, you are an awesome team player, and you are curious about the connection between the dependencies between the different technology inputs (Mech, Hardware, Firmware). You have a solution driven mindset where you seek to find the root causes behind faults, using a pragmatic and hands-on approach. If you have experience with DOE, regression testing it would be a plus.
Furthermore, we imagine that you:
• Have a BSc og MSc degree within Mechatronic (Mechanical Hardware, Firmware) engineering or equivalent
• Are fresh out of school or have 1+ years of experience with development of mechanical engineering solutions, especially with consumer electronics would be an advantage
• Have experience with system testing and are able to put on different hats; Mechanical, Hardware and Firmware and see fault from different aspects to get the full picture
• Have strong attention to details
• Are a strong team player and adaptive to change
• Have some experience collaborating with QA (quality assurance) functions to develop re-usable automated tests
• Have experience with Jira/ confluence or similar requirement tools is a plus
• Have experience making Test scripts in Python or similar is also a plus
• Last but not least, you communicate effortless in English.
Please note that this position can be filled by various profiles, so do not hesitate to apply if you hold some of the listed skills, but not all.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE