Strategic Sourcing Specialist CAPEX & MRO – 12-month temporary position
Strategic Sourcing Specialist CAPEX & MRO – 12-month temporary positionWould you like to make strategic procurement and relationship management your strengths, and do you have a strong technical and commercial understanding? By proactively working with a strong Category Management team within CAPEX & MRO, you play a key role in helping us reach 300 million kids by 2032
Value-adding procurementIn this 12-month temporary position, you will work alongside 7 dedicated colleagues who are responsible for sourcing and defining the global category direction within CAPEX & MRO. Specifically, we buy all from Moulding Machines to High Bay Warehouses, standard spare parts to high quality machine service. Rather than merely limiting expenses, we strive to add value to the business through proactive and systematic category management, furthering productivity and expanding our global presence.
As a Sourcing Specialist you will be working together with a team of strong category managers, you will on their lead:
- Continually monitor and understand internal stakeholder activities and requirements, keeping stakeholders updated on sourcing and securing a total cost of ownership mindset
- Driving category plans and execute the category sourcing process, applying category insights as well as securing external perspectives, leveraging the LEGO Group’s strategy
- Conduct supplier segmentation and evaluation, as well as perform contract management to secure awareness and compliance to agreements
- Monitor market and supplier development, ensuring benchmarking, developing proactive market plans and cultivating new suppliers
- Conduct demand analysis and forecasting, continuous cost improvement and innovation challenges designed to secure our future supplier base
Creativity and collaborationYou will join a team where creativity and collaboration are considered key ingredients to success. As a valued partner to the business, we strive to constantly challenge the status quo, creating new and improved solutions at a strategic level and building strong relationships across the global LEGO® community.
Strategic understanding, analytical mindset, driven and strong interpersonal skillsAs a fiercely results-oriented and analytical strong person, you think strategy every step of the way. You drive tasks and collaborations proactively, fostering fruitful collaboration through strong relationships throughout the organization. In addition, you bring:
- Strong technical and commercial understanding - either through a degree in engineering coupled with commercial interest or an MSc coupled with technical interest
- Desire for a career within strategic procurement, possibly coupled with relevant expertise within procurement, relationship management, project management and/or engineering
- Readiness to travel 10-30 days a year in connection with supplier meetings and factory visits
- Fluent English
Bringing it to life
”The key to success in this role is finding the balance between deep technical and commercial understanding as well as knowledge or desire of compliance and legal matters. You need to always keep strategy down-to-earth while never delving too far into operational detail.” says Category Director, Capex & MRO, Henrik Skov.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Henrik Skov: +45 79507190. This position was posted 31-10-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.