Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Be a part of the Procurement team in Shenzhen to help us establish a sustainable supplier platform to support worldwide products in the LEGO Group!Your major task is to make sure LEGO Core line external manufactory parts to fulfill LEGO unique quality value.
Your tasks will include:KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate product structure and design in order to meet safety and functional requirement throughout the whole development process
• Review the current process to ensure its continuous improvement and drive the cross-functional project to optimize process
• Drive big incidence to ensure root cause can be identified and countermeasure with proper problem-solving tools
• Initiate Q-Test plan for high complexity element to ensure risk has been identified with DFM when production
• Define the test method in development stage and ensure supplier conduct the test accordingly
• Conduct production pilot at vendors’ plant, evaluate and qualify manufacturing process
• Take ownership of learning & developing profession by proactively and continuously improve area of responsibility, seeks improvement in daily work, transform functional knowledge & experience into tangible results
• Support supplier quality management, like supplier quality audit, customer claim handling.
• Identify visual quality according to LEGO Error definition and VQG guild line.
• Each employee has the responsibility to ensure a health and safe work environment for himself/ herself and other employees
• Role authority: Approve/Reject development testing methodology. Escalate quality risk in development to management team. Approve/Reject novelty PP quality to move to mass production. Declare Critical equipment performance result to decide if Critical equipment can be used in mass production
The Must to Have’s for the roleEXPERIENCE –
• Above 5 years of working experience in quality development or design engineering with bachelor degree, major in mechanical/electronics engineering.
• Strong quality mindset to ensure never compromise to quality
• Expertise on plastic material, molding or related process is preferred and experience on toy industry would be an advantage and good at international toy safety standard, ASTM, EN71, ISO 8124, etc
• Knowledge in application of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, SPC, and MSA would be an advantage
• Good oral and written communications skills
• Six Sigma Project experience would be an advantage
Join the global family of the LEGO® GroupThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFEQuality is one of core value in LEGO Group. “only the best is good enough” always keep in LEGO people. We are handling most all external parts for LEGO. QA Asia’s objective is to ensure that the external supply quality is the same as our internal high-quality production. All requirements, expectations, systems and processes are managed in the closest way possible to internal production to ensure ‘Make-Buy same quality’.