Sr. Project Manager, China Afterschool
Who are we?LEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children to get hands on with their learning experience, engaging both hands and minds.
In every market that we work in, we strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world. In China, we have a growing presence in the K12 public system, and see our hands on learning solutions support a systemic change that is moving towards STEAM learning and 21st Century Skills. We have a mature presence in the Chinese Afterschool market, but now see a considerable opportunity to grow our impact and reach, in tandem with our InSchool business.
Play a key role in LE China
The Senior Project Manager is a central role to a new team, and will manage the delivery of a large-scale, multi-year strategic project, coordinating efforts between different teams and disciplines to ensure a successful and cohesive delivery for LEGO Education in the Chinese Afterschool market. This person works with the whole value chain in mind and in corporation with stakeholders across LE and TLG organization. We are looking for an individual who is dynamic, shows strong commercial flair, and can bring rigour to a high stakes project.
The Senior Project Manager thinks holistically, role models a collaborative culture, applies project leadership skills and is a strong and clear communicator. The Senior Project Manager takes on the responsibility for driving and knowing the key business processes and ensures project execution on time, scope and budget while ensuring solid stakeholder management. This role works across commercial and solution development teams and is comfortable setting the pace for teams in a fast-moving market.
The Senior Project Manager is actively leading and setting direction for processes around project management, development process and process documentation.
• Optimize multiple parameters and deliver solutions within timeframe while adapting to new knowledge and demands.
• Build trust with key stakeholders through solid communication.
• Make thorough risk assessment.
• Manage high complexity project.
Your responsibilities will include:Project leadership across product, partner and business development, delivering one cohesive offering to the market in multiple increments.
General project management:
• Establish strong project plan capturing dependencies across solution components and departments and execute accordingly.
• Conduct strong and effective stakeholder management to the benefit of the projects and the organization.
• Conduct strong and effective risk management to minimize risks by ensuring that the project teams carry through the right mitigation actions.
• Establish realistic project budgets and track project spending accordingly.
• Ensure resource alignment with the relevant TLG stakeholders to ensure resource and frame availability for the projects.
• Ensure updated roles and responsibility overview per project.
• Capture lessons learned from project execution and ensure follow-up in other projects.
• Establish strong synergies with LEGO Education Project Managers to ensure a common approach
• Drive development of process improvements.
• Support a high-performance culture in the project teams including supporting the shared vision, direction, trust building, motivation and commitment.
• Identify potential team conflicts and escalate to head of segment if necessary.
What we are looking for:
• Minimum 8 years of project management functional experience
• Experience as project manager driving development of physical and preferably digital products, as well as commercial launch programs.
• Master’s degree in business and/or engineering related to Project Management or other relevant educational background within business development and digital and physical product development
• Project management certificates is an advantage, but not a requirement (Prince2, IMPA, others)
• Some travel activity can be expected
• Fluent in English in speech and writing
• Insights into the LEGO Group Operations and Supply Chain is a benefit
Join the global family of LEGOIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English.