Sr. Open Innovation Manager
LEGO® bricks aren´t just for play. Every day, architects, engineers, physicists, programmers, doctors and more think of new ways to use our experiences in their daily lives.
Do you have the creative mindset to engage these brilliant individuals and nurture their ideas to co-create future innovations?
Bring your curiosity around new innovative LEGO® experiences into play and help us build a unique innovation model.
We are starting up the Lead User Lab in AFOL Engagement meant to capture radical ideas, evaluate their potential and bring them to life. As Senior Open Innovation Intake & Communication Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Innovation portfolio, business development and communication of LUL pilots incl. where to realize the LU idea.
• Developing and executing LUL communication strategy and plan.
• Intake of Lead User Lab (LUL) ideas. Including pull and push engagement for the LUL pilot project.
• Deploying LUL communication within the AFOL community incl. LUL Pilot project in general and specific Lead user pilots.
• Working closely with various stakeholders to make sure the intake process is engaging and compliant. Both via events, digital interaction etc.
• Driving cross collaboration with various innovation departments within LEGO around intake opportunities, LUL business value and pilot realization recommendations.
• The individual LU Pilots communication development and campaign activities
• Collaboratingz with LUL team on innovation ideas, stretching and value adding benefits of innovation.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The AFOL Engagement Department is responsible for building relationships with and co-creating consumer and business value with the global community of adult LEGO users. We work closely with hundreds of user groups and fan media in the LEGO Ambassador Network, we innovate, stimulate and support user creativity and we leverage platforms like LEGO IDEAS to co-create products, experiences and marketing stories with users and internal stakeholders.
The Lead User Lab is a new initiative within the AFOL Engagement department to attract, collaborate and co-create consumer and business value with LEGO Lead Users. It´s set up as a 2-year pilot, but we expect the initiative will continue after the pilot phase.
You will support AFOL engagement and the LUL team with understanding and realizing new innovative lead user experiences. You are able to navigate and lead the intake and communication process from an uncertain early phase through higher maturity levels through the LUL pilot process. In this process you will help the Head of LUL and the LUL team on the intake of ideas including working on the pull/push intake on digital platforms and at AFOL events. In this process you will be responsible for mapping the business opportunities, work with internal stakeholders on the idea, and from there the realization of the Lead user idea incl. communication and launch plans. You will also be responsible for communicating with the Lead Users, drive the external and internal stories and make decisions based on the ideas you gather, organize and communicate.
We want people that shoot for the stars, dares to dream big, but at the same time get things done through a get it done mindset and strong ability to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues and Lead users.
The role will provide rich opportunity for professional and personal development for the right candidate in an environment of openness and trust and a strong desire and ability to experiment and deliver results.
Do you have what it takes?• Minimum master´s degree in a business-related field or equivalent e.g. communication, marketing, innovation
• 5+ years experience working with innovation and/or communication.
• Experience with digital experience development e.g. website, app, campaign and/or physical product development.
• Have been involved in all stages of the development process before, during, after. From idea, to concept, to launch and communication and camapign for the launch and the life after.
• Thrives in a team environment where things run fast while still running independently with own tasks
• Experience working with entrepreneurship and/or working in big organizations
• Outstanding ability to work with business management and understanding of business value and cases.
• Have experience working with community management and having an ongoing dialogue with users.
• Excellent presentation and visual communication skills, visualizing intake to colleagues across the organization, including top management
• Is energized by working towards planned targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty
• It is essential that the candidate can collaborate across different departments and functional areas as the position assumes a great deal of cross department interaction, with multiple stakeholders involved
• We expect 20-30 travel days pr. year.
• Previous experience working with in-market pilots and learnings
• Test and learn mindset working with pretotyping and prototyping
• Experience working with Scrum
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role - and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality - use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
We will open up a world of new opportunities for the LEGO Brand. What better way to do that then working with a group of very talented Lead users on pilots where we explore and learn about new innovative experience for the future.
The frosting on the cake is that you get to work with a diverse group of amazingly creative people that you get fantastic stuff done with while having tons of fun.
If you would like to know more about the position please contact Kari Vinther Nielsen, Director, Head of Lead User Lab at +45 52159092 or Kari.Vinther.Nielsen@LEGO.com.