Senior Software Engineer – Data Science
Are you ready to help LEGO take a leap into a future where artificial intelligence is a key part of play? “LEGO© HIDDEN SIDE” is the latest exciting project which started in Creative Play Lab. Could you help create even more ground-breaking play?Use your in-depth knowledge of artificial intelligence and software development to integrate cutting-edge technologies into our new digital play experiences.
Core Responsibilities• Develop ground breaking software and integrate Artificial Intelligence (AI) into our play experiences # AI in general and Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) in particular.
• Mentor internal developers and external freelancers to make sure our technology implementation is state-of-the-art and adhering the best-practice within the field.
• Help us find and select the best partners in the world to work with in the areas of AI and CNN. Engage in a professional collaboration with these partners to help them succeed.
• Work with our research partners to develop new technologies and convert the academic versions of the software to something that can be used in our experiences.
• Collaborate with our designers and digital play developers - to create experiences that utilizes the technologies to add the most value, test with children, learn and iterate with an open mind to improve the overall experience quality. Never be afraid to pivot if play testing proves a new direction would be better.
Play your part in our team succeedingCreative Play Lab is the innovation organization for LEGO where we experiment with an agile mindset to find the future of play for children around the world. This role will focus on delivering solid software to be used in physical/digital experiences around the LEGO organization.
We aim to create the best toys for children around the world adhering to the highest standards of quality, product safety and digital privacy.
We have a supportive and flexible work environment with a healthy work-life balance enabling our employees to be high performers continuously over time.
Do you have what it takes?• A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent, a higher degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience within software development.
• Python, C++ essential, C, C#, JAVA or Swift/Objective-C development skills an advantage.
• Experience with Convolutional Neural Networks and/or other Artificial Intelligence platforms is required. This could be hands on experience with TensorFlow, Caffee, Pytorch and similar technologies. This experience should cover both architecting, training, validating and troubleshooting neural networks.
• Entrepreneurial mindset - the ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering innovative software solutions in a startup environment or R&D unit. Alternatively, they would have built successful new innovation technology within existing organizations.
• Experience from working in an agile environment using SCRUM, Kanban or similar approach.
• Experienced in architecting and developing operational software - the ideal candidate will have experience with consumer facing software preferably running on mobile.
• Experience developing backend/support systems (in C, C++, C# and/or Python) will be beneficial.
• Experience with building neural networks for execution on embedded hardware.
• Experience with traditional computer vision algorithms or other types of digital signal processing algorithms will be helpful.
• SCRUM Product Owner and/or SCRUM Master certifications or managerial experience is an advantage.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role #and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality # use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember
to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of creating entirely new LEGO play experiences that bring the best aspects of digital play into physical toys. Join our international team and help create the future of play!