Senior Play Designers
Product Design/ Development
Would you like to interact with children to design groundbreaking LEGO® play experiences?For our brand new LEGO innovation team, we are looking for two new experience designers to utilise new technologies and create new types of toy for children all over the world.
Design the play experiences of the futureAt the LEGO Creative Play Lab (CPL), we work with children to develop entirely new LEGO concepts. Here, you will join a new, cross-functional team to create innovative LEGO play experiences that bring the best aspects of digital play into our physical products. Working together with your design colleagues, you will:
• Create new concepts and entire play universes
• Design both digital and physical aspects of the new concepts, using drawings and story boards, building physical prototypes and collaborating with Digital and Electronic Prototyping
• Collaborate with research partners to collect design insights from test studies
• Conduct design research by interacting with children on a weekly basis and exploring how they play
• Present and sell in your design ideas to your CPL team
Your new team is located in London, England, and Billund, Denmark, and you can choose to work from either location. In connection to that, you get to travel up to 30 days a year to research with the worlds’ children and keep in close contact with your teammates in London/Billund.
A team fuelled by imaginationTo build the play experiences of tomorrow, we utilise our imagination, experiment and fail, play and succeed and have fun in the process. Interacting with playful colleagues and intelligent children, you will be inspired to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries for what LEGO experiences can be.
A playful approach to experience design• You have good experience with interaction and/or experience design, preferably with designing games or toys and engaging play
• You are a strong communicator and know how to make your ideas shine through
• You have a passion for LEGO toys, and preferably, you are already a skilled LEGO builder
• You communicate well in English in both speech and writing
Bringing it to life“This is your chance to let your imagination loose and take the beloved LEGO toy to new and unexplored places. As you will be part of the team from the very beginning, you get to make your mark on our mission and play a significant role in bringing new LEGO experiences to life,” says Sam Coates, Senior Design Director.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Sam Coates, Senior Design Director, Creative Play Lab, Play Enablers, on +45 53 19 52 43.
This position was posted 28-12-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.