Senior Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager
Join us and guide our team to drive for our success in systemically reaching children with learning through play.Do you have deep experience from working with monitoring, evaluation and learning in funding and consulting organizations – and are you capable of leveraging your experience and technical knowledge to the adaptive challenge of establishing a fit for purpose approach to MEL in the LEGO foundation?
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, life-long learners.
Implement and continuously improve our organizational MEL frameworkWe have recently launched a MEL framework and the focus is now on implementing it across the portfolio of initiatives in the organization, get consolidated monitoring in place and integrate learnings in our portfolio management process. The MEL framework builds on an organizational theory of change where our initiatives are all contributing to the goal of systemically reaching children because we believe that when children learn through play, they will develop a breadth of skills and become creative, engaged, life-long learners. Your role is to guide the work in our MEL team’s contribution to the adaptive challenge of continuously aligning the initiative portfolio to the organizational aim as you:
• Provide high quality consultancy and technical guidance to colleagues and external partners on MEL processes, systems and good practice, thereby enabling quality reporting
• Contribute during initiative development, request for proposal and proposal assessment phases to ensure that all initiatives and partnership agreements include adequate MEL components
• Assess the partner MEL reporting during the funds release process and sign-off on the quality of the partner reporting’s MEL component
• Monitor adherence to and further develop performance monitoring systems, performance and impact evaluations, assessments, informal reviews and surveys across the work of the Foundation
• Guidance of development and implementation of an organizational learning process
Experienced monitoring and evaluation professional with transferable competencesWith your innate leadership skills, you are able to effectively guide teams of purpose driven individuals in a flat organization. You are comfortable with taking the lead on projects that are already underway and ensure that they are executed in alignment with the overall organizational aim.
• Hold a masters’ degree in within social science or a related field.
• Have 7-10 years MEL experience within advocacy, early childhood development or education with at least 3 of those years working within a low/middle income country context.
• Have at least 3 years of experience in a funding or grant making organization.
• Are experienced in guiding and directing external MEL partners.
• Are experienced in developing and implementing MEL systems into organizations.
• Communicate fluently in English and are open to relocating to Billund, Denmark
Embark with us on our journeyIf you would like to join our team in Billund to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
• This position was posted at Mid-May
• We review applications as of beginning of June
• We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
• We start with the interviews at the end June
To apply, click on the following link: http://recruitmentsystem.onerecruit.com/6158724D612