Senior Manager for responsible sourcing (licensing) – maternity cover in London
United Kingdom, London
A position with global impact is available from February 2019 and for a duration of up to 12 months.With this, comes the opportunity to step foot into our world, where we work to secure sustainable and ethical production – and a better future for the builders of tomorrow.
Join our Responsible Sourcing team in LondonWe are a small, but global team of 6, placed in China, Denmark, and London. Together, we work to ensure that the LEGO Group’s ethical, social and environmental requirements are met by our suppliers, licensing partners and our own production sites.
We complement our own brand through licensing partnerships with third parties - both utilizing the license of other brands and licensing our own brand to suppliers, to produce exciting content and products such as clothing, homeware and entertainment for our consumers.
With every partnership, you and the team are there to ensure the use of sustainable materials, ethical labour, and safe products, adhering to our Responsible Business Principles (RBP). To accomplish this, you:
• Own and manage the relationship with the Inbound Licensing department and key licensing partners, to manage commercial risk and ensure that we meet our contractual requirements
• Own and manage the relationship with the Outbound Licensing department, leading licensing processes including the approval of all new factories and suppliers, pre-screening of new suppliers and analysis of social audits
• Monitor production and other supply chain processes to ensure we and our licensing partners meet given standards
• Provide training for suppliers to ensure continuous improvement
• Manage our licensing data, and ensure accurate and on-time reporting
• Provide day-to-day support and technical guidance to two colleagues in Denmark and one in London
Make your mark on our strategyIt is our mission to protect the rights and wellbeing of anyone involved in producing LEGO® products, to safeguard children and to minimise environmental impact as much as possible. You will have a key part in this as you will collaborate with and report directly to the Director of Social Responsibility and Engagement.
While our strategy for the licensing category has been set for 2019, you will come in to put into action the existing strategy. There is room to explore your ideas and knowledge and bring your recommendations to the director, so they can come into play and contribute to the overall strategy.
CSR expert with a passion for a better tomorrowDeeply passionate about ethics, the environment and human rights, you are driven to explore the best solutions that benefits both partners, workers our customers and the environment. You are experienced with driving results in complex organizations, involving many different stakeholders and are committed to collaborate with colleagues and partners to leverage knowledge and co-create the best solutions.
• Have 7+ years of experience with managing social compliance and/or licensing programmes, preferably within the soft goods/fashion industry and for international organisations
• Have a bachelor’s degree or above, preferably related to CSR, social responsibility studies or the like
• Are experienced with analysing social audits and have knowledge of different audit types such as SMETA, ICTI/IETP, SA8000 and BSCI
• Are fluent in English – Danish, Spanish or Mandarin is of great advantage, as you may travel up to 30 days per year to collaborate with international partners
• Preferably, have knowledge of the Disney ILS programme
Bringing it to life“Working with us, you will be a part of a company where social compliance is truly embedded – we all support the cause, and we are with you. So you don’t have to spend your time convincing the company to focus on CSR. You can simply focus on taking us to the next level,” says Sarah Couch, Senior Manager of Social Compliance.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Sarah Couch on +44 7825 010999.
This position was posted 28-12-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.