Senior Infrastructure Engineer
United Kingdom, London
Are you an expert in defining and setting technical direction for shopper solutions?Do you have an agile developer background? Are you a true problem solver and a collaborator who naturally connects with a wide range of teams?The LEGO Group Shopper Engagement Technology team are responsible for building and maintaining technology for our shoppers – specifically on shop.LEGO.com. We are a cross functional team with end to end responsibility for our technology solutions, we work with internal teams that drive the ‘direct to consumer’ strategy and its execution.
Your specific tasks include:• Working with the eCommerce engineering team to build, deploy and manage the end to end infrastructure of shop.LEGO.com, focusing on cloud and DevOps activity
• Participating in planning work and dependencies through agile ways of working
• Monitoring for issues ensuring alerting and resolution is automated and scalable where possible
• Ensuring the shopper experience on shop.lego.com is performant, stable and state of the art by actively responding to operational tasks and incident resolution with your problem-solving skills
• Supplying the development team with the right tool-set to enable them in their day to day work
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe LEGO Group is a global organisation but with a relatively underdeveloped approach to eCommerce and omnichannel retail so there is huge opportunity to define the ever-changing landscape and be part of building an awesome LEGO shopping experience. The role sits within a small, diverse but active hand on team of technical experts – every day is different and there is a real chance to shape direction and be influential.
Do you have what it takes?• An agile developer background where you have spent the last few years within web and shop operations, gaining technical expertise from automation and source control systems (for example Jenkins, Git, Mercurial or similar)
• An understanding of operational platforms such as AWS, Linux, SaltStack, Docker, JVM, NodeJS/ReactJS or similar
• Security awareness, especially PCI compliance since security is a main concern in the online world and the LEGO Brand must be protected in all times
• A background from an international business environment preferably including global eCommerce
• A graduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is preferred
• The ability to be persistent, speak up and keep promises, as well as creating relationships and collaborate across functions, teams and cultures
• Strong attention to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
• Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems who hold yourself accountable to get things done and deliver on time
Bringing it to Life
“Working on shop.LEGO.com is a hugely rewarding experience and a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a diverse and energetic cross functional engineering team. We are focused on delivering on our vision of a modern, innovative omnichannel shopper-focused experience and we like to have fun along the way!” – Niall Edwards, Director, Shopper Engagement Technology
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.