Senior Expansion Planning Manager
Help The LEGO® Group grow in one of our most dynamic markets.The aim of the LEGO Certified Store (LCS) strategy is to protect the LEGO Brand, increase brand awareness, enhance partner performance, deliver exceptional customer service, and expand the LEGO business quickly and efficiently while establishing consistency.
More about the LCS TeamLCS will be one of the main drivers of offline growth in China and will be expanded quickly with support from various functions locally and globally.
The Senior Expansion Planning Manager will act as an overall expansion net-work planning role in the LCS retail development team and support the location development team with market, mall and shopper study, research and insight and work out long run LCS store net-work proposals.
Job ResponsibilitiesMiddle and long run expansion net-work mapping via research and study.
• Work with mainstream retail estates consultant firms and consumer profile data management company (DMP) to set up systematic understanding on market place and work on opportunities assessment.
• Explore the development plan of main commercial real estate and provide insight report as reference for store new-work mapping.
• Monitor and provide insight report on comparable brands location development progress;
• Extend channel scope to assess Non-traditional channels and explore potential opening opportunities.
• Provide Chain mall and cross industry collaboration and central deals when we needed.
• Key stakeholder relationship management: major landlord, BI firms, DMP etc.
• Strategic Planning:
• Overall analysis on GDP, macro-eco, consumer shopping behavior and purchase power evolving and provide market place assessment for long run LCS development plan.
• Establish partners portfolio: mapping, pooling, filtering, selection and contract.
• Evaluate Existing stores performance: Assessment on exiting store retail performance and rectify forecasting model and refine planning assumptions.
• Communicate and liaise with global retail function on the collaboration between LCS and LBR development.
• 1-2 years Key city potential mall or targeted place list, and consumer/shopper profile analysis
• 2-3 years LCS store net-work proposal
• 3-5 years market capacity analysis for LCS stores
• LCS partner portfolio building up
• Industry best practice sharing in store expansion and store concept
• External: landlord HQ, BI firms, LCS partners;
• Internal: BD team, innovation manager, Global Retail Development of LCS.
We’re looking for a team player who has:Functional experience
• 8-10 years working experience in a successful retail brand business with location net-work planning exposure.
• Working experience in research or consulting firm or work exposure with retail land lord before will be highly regarded.
• Good understanding of the China retail industry and environment evolving over the recent years, particularly the offline and online dynamics.
• Fluent in verbal and written English and Chinese (minimum Mandarin)
• Strong and pro-active in motivation, communication and conflict resolution
• Basic financial skills to set and review plans and programs
• Open-minded, collaborative, navigates confidently with diverse stakeholders across cultures and functions, able to face internal challenges and take actions
• Team player, Innovative mind-set and eager to continuously develop and improve
• Self-motivator and believer of the LEGO Culture
• A challenger and a relationship builder through strong and long-term retail partnership
• Mature enough to confront conflicts, pressure and constraints
Join the global family of The LEGO® GroupThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below.