Product Design/ Development
Do you want to bring toy and play concepts to life? Do you have an entrepreneurial and inventor spirit?Work in a small cross-functional team; take on a variety of projects, both short term and long term while linking with the broader group of creative designers/developers across our global network.
Core ResponsibilitiesConcept Design
• Sketch and build new LEGO toys and play experiences from early idea to testable prototype
• Bring ideas to life via concept prototypes, mock-ups, and LEGO models.
• Emphasis on quick, iterative prototyping, and model development.
• Consumer focused product development – Regular participation in focus groups and ability to interpret findings for the teams and into appealing LEGO toys/experiences for the target consumer.
• Excellent knowledge of the Toy market.
• Strong communicator of concept ideas – both verbally and by sketch.
• Good ability to pitch/present concepts to colleagues across the organization
Play your part in our team succeedingCreative Play Lab is the Front end concept arm of LEGO Product and Marketing Development. We are focused on the creation of radically new, big, and fun LEGO products/play experiences that delight and inspire the builders of tomorrow.
Creative Play Lab Singapore expands the global presence of LEGO product and marketing development. Our main hub is in Denmark with smaller hubs in Singapore, London and Los Angeles; we work together across these locations developing new LEGO products and play experiences. CPL Singapore will consist of a small cross-functional team with an entrepreneurial and inventive spirit. The focus of CPL Singapore will be in developing concepts derived from insights born out of the Asian markets.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts for concept, product, interaction, industrial design, or related field.
• Skilled in use of relevant design software – Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino (or equivalent Software)
• 3+ years experience within the toy, invention, product, or entertainment design industry.
• Robust portfolio outlining sketching, storytelling, ideation, brainstorming, and conceptual design skills
• Proven ability to work in an innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
• Minimum travel two times a year to LEGO HQ in Billund Denmark
• Potential multi-week onboarding in Denmark within the first few months of employment.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your portfolio (or the link to it) and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“People talk about opportunities coming once in a lifetime. Now, imagine having the ability to work with an inspirational global brand, the opportunity to meaningfully bring the business to life in Asia and change lives by bringing the LEGO® play experience to children's hands. I can't think of a more fulfilling or noble cause - if you want to be an instrumental part in mapping the LEGO® journey in Asia - then this is the call to action for you!”