Senior Content Manager
Are you an experienced Leader in the Education industry who can take our LEGO Education Afterschool content to the next level?Here’s a fantastic job for you to become a part of our LEGO® Education organization in the LEGO® Group.It is a great job for you to start a fantastic career, in close collaboration with the team accountable for executing the Afterschool business ensure we deliver a world-class learning experience that offers true learning progression to students, whilst overseeing and upholding top class brand execution on behalf of LEGO Group.
LEGO EducationFor more than 37 years LEGO Education have been working with teachers and educational specialists to deliver playful learning experiences that bring subjects to life in the classroom and make learning fun and impactful. Our solutions for teaching and hands-on learning inspire interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), targeted at early learning, primary and secondary school. We have a wide range of physical and digital educational resources that encourage students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
LEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children engage in in their learning experience, both with their hands and minds.
In every market that we work in, we strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world. In China, we have a growing presence in the K12 public system and see our hands-on learning solutions support a systemic change that is moving towards STEAM learning and 21st Century Skills. We are on a mission to grow that even further also within after schools.
The LEGO Education Afterschool business in China is focused on our presence in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities. We have a modest reach into the market today, and it is our ambition to grow the size, quality and impact of our business considerably.
The Experience for Afterschool China team will be responsible for the overall concept and experience development, the team developing the content, assessment tools, teacher training programs, overall marketing plan as well as the in-center experience for the LEGO Education Afterschool centers in China comprising among other elements also the Visual Identity of centers.
Your tasks will include:• Responsible for building the curriculum content and student evaluation for LEGO Education Afterschool in China based on existing LEGO Education solutions
• Be at the forefront of how to deliver great learning experiences for STEAM and 21st. century skills
• Build up a team of educational specialists and lead that team
• Proactively develops the curriculum and evaluation system, and collaborate with external contributors
• Collaborate with LEGO Education colleagues in various global teams, as well as the China In-school team to create synergies and build on each other’s learnings and know-how
Do you have what we are looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree and above, in education or other relevant area
• 5-8 years of teaching experience in K-12
• Experience in creating educational content
• Experience in adapting international content to Chinese needs, particularly within Afterschool
• Proven record in curriculum content development
• Digital perspective in curriculum or evaluation system
• Good written and oral English and Chinese skills
• Experience with LEGO Education materials or other creative STEAM learning tools is preferred
• Global/local traveling on an approximately level of 10 days/year.
• Have a creative mindset to seek new solutions whilst working with tight deadlines.
Join the global family of LEGOIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply. You can use the APPLY NOW button above or below.
Bringing it to life
“Sixty percent of children currently in school will hold jobs that don’t exist today. In LEGO Education, our ambition is to prepare the students for the future through encouraging them to be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers and by giving them the joy of learning, both through in-school and after school solutions. In this role, you will lead the team creating the overall experience for the LEGO Education after school program in China, creating hands-on and minds-on experiences, that every student needs to succeed and build skills to face any challenge life hurls at them. We see the world with our eyes. We change it with our hands,” says Camilla Bottke, Head of Afterschool and Competition.