Quality Manager - Electronics
Are you as the ambassador of the Children ready to utilize your technical expertise in the heart of the LEGO Group?You will then be given the opportunity to collaborate with a team of experts and test LEGO® Elements to safeguard the play experience, spark creativity and the quality.
Core ResponsibilitiesAs our Quality Test Manager, Electronics, you have a key role in specifying quality requirements and test methods to validate these in new development of mechatronic components, sub-systems and systems (V-Model) in order to secure a good Play Experience for models integrating electronic components. Further, you will:
• Contribute to quality plans, quality risk management and optimization of verification and validation plans
• Specify quality requirements and understand CTQs in new development projects
• Define and develop test methods and set specifications
• Calibrate & align test methods with development engineers, suppliers, manufacturers
• Analyze and report test results
• Lead sampling plans, traceability and change handling
• Participate in integration tests
• Failure analysis through testing and problem solving
• Help building capability in teams participating in tests for them to understand specifics of electronics testing
Play your part in our team succeedingBased from our office in Billund, you join a highly passionate group of colleagues in the Quality Test Center, who support designers in developing LEGO Elements and models that can inspire children to play. We protect the LEGO Building system by safeguarding the quality and the play experience of the models and elements going out to consumers.
Your role is important to reduce risk related to technical feasibility in new technologies and that components are fit to complex systems, platforms, applications and new play patterns.
Do you have what it takes?To thrive in this position, you like working in a multi-functional collaborative environment. You have broad interfaces, depending on stage in the process and level of testing, across to creative designers, technical development engineers, quality drivers, consumer perceived quality specialists, etc. and will need to work with both highly technical specialist topics and understand the impact on the business system.
• A degree as Electronics or Mechatronics engineer
• +5 years’ experience in a similar quality assurance role with electronics and mechanical testing in a product development set-up
• Firm experience with V-model-tactical and operational
• Mastering verification, validation and testing procedures
• Very detailed and methodical with strong communication skills, and you thrive in an out-turned position with many different stakeholders
• Preferably experienced with SAP and problem-problem-solving tools like Six Sigma
• Advanced Proficiency in English written, verbal and presentation
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life:
"When I start in the morning I have a clear picture of what the day will look like. Most days that picture changes, as we collect knowledge and get input, but there is always a good reason why. So, I track our progress and see that we are one step closer to delivering new world-class building and play experiences," says Senior Manager, Quality Test Center, Erik Lyngsø Simonsen.