Quality Engineer, maternity cover
Are you known for your creative/playful mindset, your attention to detail and do you want to ensure the best play experience for the LEGO builders of tomorrow?Use your technical expertise and in close collaboration with designers and engineers ensure a high quality for the future LEGO products by combining your playful way of thinking and your scientific test approach.
Core ResponsibilitiesIn this 12 months maternity cover you will be supporting designers and engineers and use your knowledge on how the quality of the tested LEGO bricks and models can be adjusted to the right LEGO quality level with the attitude “The best is not good enough”. Further, you will:
• Perform life-like lifetime tests of LEGO bricks and models
• Coach engineers and designers on possible product improvements
• Invent new tests and test-setups
• Determine right quality level for future LEGO products
• Document tests and the results
• Make general test descriptions of the tests
• Build and use your networking skills to define the scope and requirements for the test
Play your part in our team succeedingBased from our office in Billund, you will join a highly passionate group of colleagues in the Quality Test Center, who support designers in developing LEGO Elements and models that can inspire children to play. We protect the LEGO Building system by safeguarding the quality and the play experience of the models and elements going out to consumers.
Do you have what it takes?To thrive in this position, you like working in a multi-functional collaborative environment. You become successful because of your ability to translate your test results into meaningful, concrete and actionable Information to colleagues with a non-technical background.
We imagine that you have:
• A Bachelor’s degree as Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering
• Experience within quality assurance
• Working with kids will be highly regarded
• Preferably experience with physical laboratory-based tests as well as the ability to do the tests yourself, but also to describe the new test procedure to others.
• Experience in working with Universal Robots and measuring equipment will be a great advantage.
• Detailed and meticulous with decent communication skills, and you thrive in an out-turned position with many different partners
• Advanced Proficiency in English written, verbal and presentation
Join the global LEGO familyCome and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV
Bringing it to life
"When I start in the morning I have a clear picture of what the day will look like. Most days that picture changes, as we collect knowledge and get input, but there is always a good reason why. So, I track our progress and see that we are one step closer to delivering new world-class building and play experiences," says Senior Manager, Quality Test Center, Erik Lyngsø Simonsen.