Moulding & Material Process Expert
Are you an expert in plastic injection moulding processes and do you know everything about potential consequences of process change and how it impacts final injected elements?Then bring your expert knowledge in plastic injection moulding processes into play in this interesting new role in LEGO Mould Design, where you will impact our future way of designing LEGO moulds significantly.
Join us and make your footprint on future LEGO moulding.
Core ResponsibilitiesWorking in a cross functional environment, where stakeholder management and collaboration are key factors for success, and based on your expert functional knowledge and experience, you own and create pre-process parameters & specifications for moulds. Your main tasks will include to:
• Align with cross functional stakeholders on how to run a LEGO mould in qualification and production
• Follow up on pre-process parameters and how final execution was carried out
• Push the agenda for collaboration and quality
• Drive a data driven approach towards learnings and decisions on processes for Mould Design
• Set the agenda for how LEGO should run moulds in the future
• Drive global knowledge sharing cross-functional in Elements & Moulds
Play your part in our team succeedingMould Design owns element shrinkage. We want to be data driven and to focus on process and materials.
We want to take execution of mould designs to the next level, and by ensuring a data driven approach towards both moulding processes and materials we are confident that we can lift quality on both mould performance and element quality.
This role will directly impact speed to market, with the right Mould Card specification available for the Mould Cavity Creators upfront. Furthermore you will play a part in making a difference for Elements & Moulds on both lead-time and quality.
Do you have what it takes?You hold a PhD or Masters’ Degree in multi-cavity injection moulding processes or similar or you have equivalent work experience within multi-cavity moulding processes and development of new high precision moulded elements. Furthermore, you have:
• Documented Six Sigma experience
• Solid and documented experience within moulding & moulding processes
• Extensive knowledge on plastic materials
• Extensive knowledge regarding mould shrinkage and how moulded elements behave when parameters vary
• Analytic skills towards mould processes
• A global mind-set capable of creating strong relations with stakeholders across geographical, cultural and professional borders
• Experience with CAD systems, preferably NX, 3D Design, Microsoft Office, SAP
• Strong collaboration skills in a global environment
• You speak and write English fluently
The following knowledge would be an advantage, but is not a requirement:
• Design of experiment knowledge
• Knowledge of simulation tools – CAE (e.g MouldFlow)
• Additive manufacturing knowledge towards mould tempering
• Mould tempering and impact on steel in general
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Senior manager of Mould Design, Carsten Søndergaard Nielsen on +45 52159211
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
You will work in a unique organization and collaborate with teams in a global organization across geographical and cultural barriers. You will directly impact how our Mould Design business is developed and executed