Mechanical Engineer Manager
Mechanical Engineer, Tool Maker or similar for Technical Mould DevelopmentDo you want to use your technical experience to help shape the LEGO® elements and moulds?
Here is an opportunity to interact with a wide range of stakeholders, impact the utilisation of our moulding platforms and contribute in the sustainability agenda.
Ensure high quality in existing LEGO elementsJoining Technical Mould Development (TMD), you will become part of our TMD Existing team. Here, you will develop moulds for existing LEGO elements, ensuring innovative solutions that push the limits of our production platforms. Taking on the full technical responsibility for each individual mould, you collaborate closely with Element Developers in the Existing Element Development team. Together, you deliver the 2D and 3D CAD and concept descriptions for the moulds before sending these to our Mould Design colleagues. As such, you:
- Interact with internal stakeholders across the LEGO Group to make sure you understand our production platforms and future roadmap and to be able to decide the best mould solution on behalf of the entire value chain
- Ensure high quality, risk reduction and innovative solutions through your technical expertise in mould development
- Search for improvement opportunities and share best practice across functions
- Optimise mould tools, concepts and production platforms
Help change the world - one element at a timeOur goal is to inspire, motivate and engage children worldwide. Acting as the first link in the mould development chain, you are essentially the one to determine how the mould is to be constructed, and you thus impact the quality and cost of our bricks. So, as you work to accommodate increase in demand, the replacement of worn moulds or moulds for more sustainable materials, you contribute to making the LEGO vision of reaching 300 million children by 2032 come true.
Mechanical engineer, toolmaker or similarYou are a team player who easily embrace the LEGO mindset “We succeed together”. Interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, you are comfortable navigating at all levels of the organisation. You have a very high standard for quality and know what is needed to reach the right level of quality from a technical point of view. Thus, you are also able to challenge key stakeholders and stand firm on your mandate when needed, using solid arguments.
- You are either a mechanical engineer, toolmaker or similar by education
- You have 3+ years of experience from a similar position
- You have experience with injection moulding, toolmaking and plastic materials as well as product development and design
- You have an end-to-end perspective for creation of high quality moulds and have worked with 3D CAD
- You communicate effortlessly in English
Bringing it to life
“You will join a team of true warriors who take pride in their work and take responsibility for the quality and sustainability of our products. LEGO is a great place to work. With our “Dare to Care” concept, you enter a healthy work environment where we are supporting and looking out for each other,” says Senior manager Thomas Nowack.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact hiring manager Thomas Nowack on +45 5319 4703.
This position was posted 02-10-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.