Manager, Content Distribution Americas
USA, Los Angeles
DetailsLOCATION: Los Angeles Office, California
Your specific tasks include:• Help to develop and foster strong relationships with key existing networks and content platforms
• Identify new distribution opportunities to help drive business objectives
• Meet with existing and potential partners on a regular basis to give and receive updates on on-going projects
• Take the lead in negotiating deals
• Communicate with various internal stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure they are constantly updated
• Drive innovation in content distribution, seeking out and recommending new opportunities and business models to deliver LEGO content to key target audiences
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe media & entertainment business is rapidly evolving, and this role will be at the forefront of navigating though the opportunities and challenges of bringing our content to the marketplace. This is a critical role that will manage partnerships with a multitude of platforms to maintain and expand our content distribution efforts in our largest market.
Our content provides us the ability to connect with our fans and consumers to provide entertainment value, deepen engagement, and drive affinity. To achieve this, we rely on our subject matter experts to provide input and feedback into the product and marketing teams which as a result will offer you exposure and learning into the inner workings of a global toy company.
The Manager, Content Distribution will work closely with our franchise teams, content development, marketing, legal and operations to ensure that all content and deals are optimized.
Do you have what it takes?• 5+ years in a content distribution/sales or content strategy role
• Strong collaborative skill set and networking capabilities as well as a proven track record for internal and external relationship cultivation.
• Self-starter and highly motivated to drive results
• Ability to manage the entire negotiation process – from developing the term sheet to final execution
• Understanding of various forms of media, their use and trends and insight to the changing media landscape as it relates to consumer consumption.
• Basic understanding of the content development process, particularly for animation a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bringing it to LifeIn a rapidly evolving industry, we strive to be the preferred content that kids and families want to watch. We do that by creating authentic, entertaining and relevant stories, and partner with the best networks and platforms to bring our universe to life.
- Jay Shah, Director, Content Distribution
Join the global LEGO® family
At the LEGO Group, we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive work environment that appreciates uniqueness and lives up to our motto “Only the Best is Good Enough”. Come to work in a purpose-driven company who celebrates children as role-models; whether it’s noshing on free snacks by the Buzz Lightyear model or engaging with global colleagues in our creative and collaborative environment, the LEGO culture will energize you to exceed your expectations.
We are also passionate in how we take care of our employees. LEGO is derived from the Danish phrase “Leg godt” which means “play well;” we want our employees to play well and be well. From competitive pay and bonus incentives, top-notch benefits, and on-site childcare, to working with a company who has promised to leave the planet better than they found it, you can feel good about working with us. Build your career, brick by brick, at The LEGO Group.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.