Resource Manager, Design
Are you structured, organised and able to influence stakeholders? Does planning resources, creating frameworks and systems inspire you?Bring your first class organisational and collaboration skills to play in this newly created role. You will work with our Design organisation to drive an agile approach to resources and directly impact our ability to design amazing LEGO products that will inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow
Core Responsibilities• Proactively anticipate, plan and recommend how to maximize resource allocation by matching the most qualified designers to the most important projects while identifying potential trade-offs.
• Assist our Design Board (Senior Design Leaders) with Strategic Portfolio Storytelling to effectively identify pressure points in the design organization due to changing consumer and customer needs.
• Actively build and utilize professional network across teams and people leaders, establishing a solid “we are in this together” partnership.
• Prepare and drive feasibility checks before and after critical development meetings to ensure a fast decision-making process supported by an effective communication plan.
• Establish a strong understanding of the design resource pool to realistically and appropriately plan resource allocation- this includes understanding individual strengths, availability, and skillset to successfully balance individual development goals with strategic and innovation needs of the design organization.
• Identify and communicate development needs based on resource and skill gaps– both short and long term—and provide potential solutions.
• Help develop a resource tool that visualizes tasks (roles and responsibilities) and clearly states peak and low seasons.
• Take ownership of the freelance database and grow it to ensure a variety of capabilities are available at all times.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe focus of the Design Management Excellence Function is to work as partners across the Product Marketing and Design organization to specifically help the Design Leadership team (Design Board, Extended Design Board, Design Manager, and Creative Leads) to drive a team of World Class Toy Designers as well as to unite the Toy Design Community across The LEGO Group via strategically chosen initiatives.
Do you have what it takes?• Previous experience with resource planning experience
• Experience within a product design organisation will be highly regarded
• Professional, openminded and flexible attitude with the ability to see alternatives and take a “what if” approach.
• Ability to understand complex interactions, define tradeoffs, and challenge people leaders on resource requests.
• Strong planning and preparation abilities.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders across the organisation.
• Open to receive feedback and making corrective actions
• Fluent in English both written and verbal
• Team player with focus on succeeding as a team.
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“Be the perfect diplomat”