Lead Project Managers for construction
Lead Project Managers for constructionReady to set foot on new shores? Join us in a position that will relocate you to Jiaxing, China, or Monterrey, Mexico, in 2019 and for a period of 2-3 years. With us, you will expand your horizon as you oversee exciting construction projects whilst building yourself an international career
Ensure that we can keep growingWe are in constant need for new office spaces and factories, so we can keep expanding and producing exciting play experiences for the builders of tomorrow around the world. To help us accomplish this, you will join Corporate Facility Project Management: a global department managing major construction projects within the LEGO Group.
Joining our international team of 20, you will take responsibility of driving and coordinating production site expansions, major building modifications, relocations, refurbishments and mechanical and electrical installations.
For the first 6-12 months, you will work in Billund, Denmark, and travel once every couple of months to facilitate projects in person. Hereafter, you will be relocated to either Jiaxing or Monterrey for 2-3 years to be closer to the projects before returning to Billund.
Dedicating yourself to either the Chinese or Mexican territory – depending on preference – you will:
• Actively collaborate with external design agencies and consultants to secure delivery of design packages and building permits
• Define scope of work packages and communicate these to relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate key processes such as permitting, designs and construction between internal clients, project leads, project stream owners and other stakeholders
• Manage handover of completed projects to other streams such as Logistics and Warehouse
• Perform continuous risk management to secure adequate mitigations
Build yourself a network beyond cultures and bordersAs you will work for a period of time in both Billund and then abroad, you will have an amazing opportunity to build a strong international network and collaborate face to face with many experts overseas. Within our creative environment, you will find many colleagues ready to collaborate and share their expert knowledge with you.
Strong coordinative, communicative and collaborative skillsBeing the connective link between all involved divisions and stakeholders, it is vital that you are highly flexible in your work and able the manage multiple processes, questions and deadlines at the same time.
This also demands continuous customer orientation, ensuring that their needs are understood, and the leadership skills to ensure that the projects are driven efficiently within given budgets and timeframes.
Furthermore, you have:
- Solid, proven experience as a project manager, coordinator, supervisor, contractor or similar within construction/building
- Knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects of the construction/building industry
- Sound communication skills in English
- Preferably, a bachelor’s or master’s degree within construction, mechanical or electrical engineering, construction management or the like
Bringing it to life
“You will be a connecting link between senior management and all of the divisions involved in the projects. And we are all invested in optimising our processes to ensure that we can build and deliver the needed factories and offices. So, this is a great opportunity for you to bring your bright ideas to the table and change how we do things in the future,” says Jan Chudoba, Senior Director and Head of Corporate Facility Project Management.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Jan Chudoba on +420 725 666 251.
This position was posted 22-11-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.