Interns to join Innovation in Operations - Technology Exploration and Industry 4.0
Do trends within innovation and being in the forefront of technology exploration excite you? Do you have flair for hands-on technology experience within metrology? Do you enjoy interdisciplinary projects that combine knowledge of mechanical engineering and novel quality control techniques? Then come join us in Innovation in Operations!
Being an intern in the LEGO® Group´s Innovation in Operations departmentInnovation in Operations is the LEGO Group’s front-end innovation center in supply chain. Our task is to identify, explore and evaluate future processes and technologies and to drive innovation end to end in supply chain from idea to actual implementation. You will be part of our global innovation business unit within Operations. In our business unit, dedicated specialists work across a diverse range of areas linked to manufacturing and as an intern working with Technology Exploration and Industry 4.0 your primary role will be to strengthen our knowledge within 3D imaging. Specifically, you will:
• Design and manufacture fixtures for mounting bricks in scanner systems. You will be assisted by internal resources with the necessary knowledge and skills in manufacturing, so the role will mainly cover the layout and design aspects
• Develop measurement programs and generate performance evaluation reports using such software as GOM Inspect or ZEISS Calypso. With this, you will be able to make dimensional measurements of brick quality to demonstrate that the measurement accuracy is viable for product inspection.
• start in August/September 2019 and have a full-time working environment experience for the duration of the internship (4-6 months)
Trusted to PerformThe LEGO® Group is an international, family-owned business and collaboration shapes everything we do. We believe in quality and to us quality means continuously improving in order to be the best toy for children and their development. By bridging design and manufacturing, we create the foundation for an effective global production of LEGO products.
Mechanical EngineeringAs a person, you are open-minded and enjoy thinking and working creatively. Being self-motivated and independent, you like taking initiative and carrying tasks to their natural end. Working in Innovation in Operations, you also need to be a team player and excel at it. Furthermore, you are:
• A data driven mechanical design or metrology engineer, who combines the ability to implement a measurement strategy and review performance by a measurement system analysis or gage R&R.
• An EU citizen or hold a Danish work permit
• A top student in your class
• Passionate about working with technology and have past experience with technology exploration
• Proficient in English
You will join a collaborative environment, where we will do our utmost to help you develop your talent. Here, you will get to solve tasks from day one and quickly grow valuable practical experience in a supportive learning environment.
Join the global LEGO® Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. An internship is about gaining experience and not delivering it from day one. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach your application, a list of your grades and a current CV. Please specify when you would be interested in the internship.
If you would like to know more about the internship, please contact Otto Abildgaard, Technology Innovation Manager, New Technology, on otto.abildgaard@LEGO.com
This position was posted 25-03-2019 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.