Interaction Designer for LEGO products
Product Design/ Development
Are you passioned about how intelligent interaction design can shape great product experiences?
Would you like to create the next generation of technology-enhanced LEGO® products?In this key position, you drive UI/UX design across LEGO® technology elements and bring joy to children around the world!
Define and shape LEGO® technology experiencesAt our headquarters in Billund, you will join the Product Technology department who deliver LEGO technology elements for experiences across all LEGO product areas - from simple light effects to market-leading digital/physical play experiences and educational tool kits.
As an interaction designer, you will participate in the development of playful physical technology products for both retail and educational markets with end users ranging from toddlers to adult fans. Over time, you will build a deep understanding of the way in which children, of all ages, interact with technology and how your UI/UX design can put a big smile on their faces. Joining our team, you can look forward to spending time:
• Exploring, developing and delivering the technological magic that pushes LEGO experiences to the next level
• Creating LEGO technology components that can be used across many different product experiences
• Matching good UI/UX design with product and business needs while hitting the right balance between price and functionality
Moving technology forward through collaborationOur team has a cross-company design function, so you will have the unique chance of collaborating with some of the industry´s most talented professionals, creating award-winning products like LEGO BOOST®, DUPLO®, MINDSTORMS®, Technic® and many more. Joining the LEGO family, you will be part of a fun, energetic and international work environment and let your designs inspire children around the world.
Multidisciplinary and team-oriented interaction designerIn addition to being an awesome collaborator, you are curious about the application of technology in a product context as well as how UI/UX design create a great end-user experience. With a thorough approach to your design, you aim to solve product functionality and interaction challenges. To do so, we imagine that you:
• Have a degree within product design, interaction design or equivalent (BSc or MSc)
• Have 3+ years of experience with interaction design (UI/UX) for both physical products on their own and products connected to digital devices
• Have experience with hands-on prototyping (physical/digital), interactive programming (such as Python), user-oriented UI/UX design and user testing
• May have some experience with product interaction design for children
• Communicate effortlessly in English
Note that this position can be filled by various profiles, so do not hesitate to apply if you hold some of the listed skills, but not all.
Bringing it to life
“You will become part of a strong team and take part in projects that have high strategic attention. Creating the next exciting LEGO products, your designs will bring joy to millions of kids around the world. Literally,” says Director of Concept and Design Gaute Munch.
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter, a current CV and design portfolio in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Director, Concept and Design, Gaute Munch on +45 2922 8739.
This position was posted 11-09-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.