Director Strategy and Planning - Inbound Licensing and Entertainment
USA, Los Angeles
The role of the Global In-Bound and Licensing & Entertainment Department is to develop world class relationships with the entertainment and licensing community and leverage those relationships to create mutually beneficial partnerships for The LEGO Group.• Develop and manage of the execution of the LEGO Company Content and IP Strategies
• Development of long-form content to support the LEGO Brand and key LEGO franchises
• Management of all aspects of distributing LEGO content across relevant platforms globally, inculding negotiation of agreements and rights management and all back office functions.
• Management of all active In-Bound Licensing relationships, including joint business planning, approval of all products and marketing materials, compliance to licensor contracts and processes and negotiation of license agreements.
• Global scouting, identification and screening of new licensing and entertainment opportunities.
Challenges and OpportunitiesThe Director of Strategy and Planning position exists to support and assist the head of IBLE in regard to establishing and executing relevant strategies and initiatives tied to LEGO InBound Licensing and Entertainment and to assist with business planning. In this role you will have the opportunity to work within a very dynamic, fast paced environment and industry that is undergoing rapid change. You have the potential to develop leadership skills in this role working across functions within IBLE and the global nature of the role provides tremendous opportunity to deepen your understanding of different cultures and ways of doing business.
Do you have what it takes?Position is located in Los Angeles, California
• 8+ years working in a strategic support function, business development or within a strategy role.
• Deep understanding of media, entertainment and licensing will be critical to success in the role
• Innovation as it relates to business approaches and new ways to track and measure entertainment activities will be essential. Will be key that candidate can take in and understand the different functions within LEGO and create win-win solutions
• Ability to foster environment of collaboration and demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate will be necessary
• Strong communication skills, highly organized with proven ability to support teams and individuals as well as managing multiple priorities
• Demonstrated strategic and analytical abilities will be crucial.
• Ability to travel internationally approximately 40%
Join the global LEGO® familyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.
Position is located in Los Angeles, California