Corporate Counsel (Intellectual Property)
Do you aspire to make a great difference and scaffold the legal landscape for the LEGO Group?Bring your legal experience and potential to shape the future of the LEGO Group (TLG) in both mature and emerging markets.
Core Responsibilities• Help to co-ordinate all IP related tasks, including copyrights for TLG in APAC
• Act as subject matter expert on IPR enforcement in APAC and participate in activities supporting IP enforcement of TLG’s rights proposed by Government & Public Affairs (GPA)
• Work with other Legal, Compliance & Risk Management (LCR) lawyers and LCR Legal Support on a program of enhanced IPR enforcement in the region
• In close collaboration with the VP of China & APAC and other LCR team members in China and APAC, drive and support the IPR enforcement agenda for APAC
• Manage internal and/or external stakeholder relationships to optimize work effectiveness, including building working relationships with external IP Counsel
• Demonstrate a high-level of collaboration, knowledge- sharing and process optimization to accomplish tasks
• Conduct IP training and marketing of the work done in IP enforcement in APAC.
• Document legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools.
Play your part in our team succeedingLCR China & APAC is the regional legal team covering all of Asia, with lawyers in Shanghai, Jiaxing and Singapore, in a variety of legal positions.
The main focus of LCR China & APAC is:
• Drive and support all legal tasks in our region, like IPR and corporate matters
• Act as main point of contact for relevant legal issues, in accordance with our Mandate and Key Operating Principles
• Occasionally participate in tasks and/or provide legal support within other regions
Do you have what it takes?• Law School Degree (J.D., LL.M., LL.B or equivalent)
• Minimum 6-8 years of (postgraduate) legal experience from an in-house role at a global company or senior level private practice position, with a specialty in Copyright and Intellectual Property Law
• Proven track record in IP litigation management
• Proven track-record in IP enforcement matters and stakeholder management.
• An appetite for and ability to learn new skills, as well as the willingness to follow-through on tasks
• Highly collaborative, with a curious mindset and a “can do” approach
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Previous experience working with national law enforcement authorities in one or more countries within the APAC Region on IP enforcement matters
• Experience in training customs officials on IP issues
• Some travel must be expected, likely not to exceed 30 days per year
• Advanced English is required in writing and speech
• Nice to have: proficiency in any other language in the APAC region
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"In this position, you will join the LCR China & APAC Legal Team and play an important role in protecting the world-famous LEGO brand and products for the builders of the future."