Do you possess a commercial-mindset and enjoy fostering strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders?Are you inspired to succeed through play and strong collaboration in developing high quality plans? Are you a strong leader with a strategic mindset in managing accounts and channels?
This role sits in the AU Sales team that consist of 4 channels: Field/toy specialists, eCommerce, Grocery and Hypers/Discounted Department Stores (DDS). Hypers/DDS is a significant part of our business with 3 major accounts and this role will have the overall responsibility for this channel and lead the KAMs serving the 3 accounts. The role of the sales department is to manage the accounts and channels according to our company strategy and strategic business plan while building great and lasting relations with our customers.
The Channel Director will lead this through the very mature KAM team, ensuring the strategic long term focus as well as the short term management of the commercial situation. This includes setting a strategic direction for the channel and the individual accounts together with the KAMs and ensuring this is reflected in both Customer Business Plans and plans with Marketing (Trade, Digital, Brand, PR). The Channel Director will report to and support the GM who also has overall responsibility of Sales. The Channel Director will collaborate with the GM in strategic discussions, escalated issues, major negotiations and T2T relationships.
On the shorter and middle term the Channel Director will need to be across the commercial situation and details across the accounts to be able to have sparring with the KAMs on necessary decision on flow and other commercial issues that needs constant attention to optimize the business.
Your specific tasks include:• Responsible for significant part of the sales in the ANZ business
• Overseeing 3 major accounts – each of them amongst the biggest in APAC with very advanced buyership and supplier management
• Set strategy for the accounts and the development of customer business plans. Longer term strategy to fit with ANZ Channel strategy.
• Drive cross functional collaboration between Sales, Marketing , Operations and Finance
• Day to Day sparring and direction on commercial issues within the channel
• Communication and relationship building with customers both on short term issues and long term focus
• Gain a deep understanding of the end to end customer planning process across all areas of the business. Focusing on the cause and effect of making decisions in these meetings while keeping in mind both a short and long term view of the overall sales strategy for the Hyper/DDS channel.
• Identify product trends and work with the Customer Planning Managers to analyze future stock forecasts to optimize sales opportunities within the ANZ BU.
• Work with the Buying Managers to gain buy-in to the accounts plans the KAM’s and buyers have set.
• Continually collaborate with the brand team to ensure marketing drive periods and promotional campaigns are tied into retailer promotions to ensure that sales promotions are maximized in line with LEGO theme priorities.
• In conjunction with the KAM’s and the Marketing Effectiveness Manager develop a tool to analyze marketing campaigns after each big promotional period to learn from and optimize campaigns moving forward, but also review the competitive landscape.
• Identify new opportunities with retail accounts for co-contribution of marketing campaigns to drive the strategic priorities of LEGO.
• Work with the KAM team to create new and innovative ways to market LEGO products within our hyper/DDS retail accounts.
• Foster and develop business relationships within the hyper / Discount Department Store accounts for the wider LEGO business. Ensuring direct relationships across marketing and operations allowing them to have direct contact and relationships with their counterparts in each of the hyper/DDS accounts.
• Develop and maintain senior level /top to top level relationships with the major accounts to understand customer strategy and needs’
Challenges and OpportunitiesHyper/Discount Department Stores are our biggest 3 customers and by far the biggest share of our business across all channels. The retailers are very mature and professional retailers that demand a high level of service and focus on every level from Planners and buyers to category leaders and executives. With LEGO being the biggest toy supplier in the market and therefore a very important part of their business our management of these accounts on all levels is of highest importance.
The Channel director will have an important input in the ANZ Leadership Team. From a people leadership perspective the Channel Director will have the direct leadership of the 3 Key Account Managers which includes daily leadership and motivation as well as working with long term development through Individual Development Plans and reviews.
Do you have what it takes?• At least 8 years of successful experience in sales with deep experience in key account management with mature retailers as well as relationships on a senior level which requires strategic alignment with customers.
• Fully operational in selling and negotiation skills, sales & commercial analysis and customer collaboration.
• Successful leadership experience formally or informally in managing a diverse team or individuals
• Cross functional understanding (eg. Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain, including co-working experience) is a strong advantage.
• Experience with FMCG, B2C, Retailing and Wholesale are strongly preferred.
• Good collaboration and people skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
• Training in sales and negotiation skills
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"This is a unique opportunity to join one of the world's biggest and most exciting playgrounds, with world class competence and colleagues who all strive to deliver fantastic play experiences for children. Experiences that will impact and influence the kids of today and in the future."