Associate Corporate Counsel, Legal Compliance
Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom
Do you want to become an expert within European competition law and anti-bribery legislation?Kickstart your career at the LEGO Group and help us provide legal advice to safeguard the LEGO® brand globally.
Support our Legal Compliance teamYou will become part of the global Legal, Compliance and Risk Management department (LCR) and join the Legal Compliance team in Billund, Denmark, as our 8th member. In close collaboration with our senior corporate counsels in Billund, London and Shanghai, you will provide support on competition, anti-bribery and business ethical issues to business areas within the LEGO Group.
More specifically, you will:
• Assist in advising on competition law matters in a truly global organisation
• Support in resolving any compliance failures, delivering the best results for the organisation
• Work with external counsels on competition law and investigation issues
• Assist in drafting of policies and global training programmes for competition, anti-bribery and business ethics – ensuring they are relevant and impactful for the particular business unit
• Over time, be able to train the business globally on competition, anti-bribery and business ethics – ensuring relevance and high levels of engagement
• Collaborate closely with other members of LCR to ensure the maximum impact for the compliance agenda
Develop your legal expertiseWithin LCR, we aspire to create an environment that fosters learning and caring among our employees as well as inspires quality in the work that we do and the solutions we create. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are open-minded and collaborative and value the ability to give and receive constructive feedback. We will support you as you develop specialist competencies and give you the chance to impact our future agenda.
Law degree and eagerness to learnYou are eager to develop your skills and learn from our experts within the field of competition and anti-bribery legislation. Moreover, you are excited about working with clients and colleagues based in the LEGO Group’s global locations. Also, you can communicate with all levels of the organisation to attain and share knowledge throughout the LEGO Group.
• Have a master´s degree in law
• Have demonstrated interest and understanding of European competition law and preferably also understanding of anti-bribery legislation
• Preferably have had a university module within competition law
• Speak and write English at an advanced level, so you can partake in commercial and legal negotiations
• Preferably have some experience advising on competition law and/or on anti-bribery legislation (either from an in-house legal team or private practice)
Bringing it to life“This is a perfect opportunity to learn from specialists and work on a broad range of compliance topics to ultimately protect one of the world’s most recognised brands. I am often told by members of the team that it is the most fun job they have ever had,” says Nikolaj Kousgaard, Interim Head of Legal Compliance.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Nikolaj Kousgaard, Interim Head of Legal Compliance on +45 7950 2827.
This position was posted 19-12-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.