APAC Import/ Export Specialist
Supply and Demand
Are you interested to ensure the timeliness of imports will reach our customers?
We are seeking a highly-motivated and independent supply chain professional who is encouraged to shape the regional clearance processes!
• Support by setting up import processes and framework to manage the customs broker.
• Handle day-to-day import operations for India and other business units in APAC as assigned.
• Liaise with 3PL suppliers and customs brokers to handle customs clearance activities for other APAC markets daily.
• Prepare import and export documents to ensure smooth customs clearance processes and make sure that import and export activities are strictly executed according to the agreed processes.
• Keep close contact with Quality & Product Compliance teams to meet the legal requirements.
• Monitor customs clearance performance at country level, handle and escalate issues to minimize market impact.
• Provide support and come up with recommendations for import/export related tasks to improve efficiency and reduce lead time.
• Validate cost and invoices related to VAT and customs duties.
Play your part in our team succeeding!
Asia and Pacific (APAC) Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organization currently operates at 8 markets and runs 8 local Distribution Centers (DC's) in APAC (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore) and the APAC regional DC in Shanghai. At the same time we are present in 11 Emerging Markets via distributors. In 2020 the LEGO Group has an expansion plan in India where you will play a vital role.
You will be part of the Operations team - reporting into the Distribution organization, however you will work with various partners across different teams and business units.
The Operations team has the responsibility of performance reporting and handling different operational task including import/export operations for APAC - as well as building additional capabilities to facilitate the growth within the APAC region.
The key challenge is to build and maintain a coherent and standardized Supply Chain network. The network must be scalable to follow the growth ambitions and be able to increase efficiency in supply chain operations and raise it to the next level via Global benchmarking of best practices and continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent working experience.
• Knowledge of India Customs Laws and regulations, HS Commodity Code Determination, Country of Origin regulations, Free Trade Agreements
• Knowledge of APAC Customs Laws and regulations (Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan)
• 3-5 years’ experience of handling APAC import/export processes and operations
• Great collaborator with strong partner management skills
• Dynamic, proactive, flexible and extremely ambitious personality
• Strong communication and presentations skills
• Experience in SAP/BW reporting is an advantage
• Innovative – able to see things from different angles and uses resources available from others by asking questions, test assumptions and openly discusses issues, eager to collaborate with others.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.