Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Enablement
- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
As we are speeding up innovation and provide an exciting LEGO® Experience, we are moving to Cloud-First for everything we do.
Come join our most outstanding cloud engineering team and help us accelerate our cloud exploration, so we can reach even more kids with a digital experience.
The Cloud Enablement team is central to what we do in cloud. The team looks after all our cloud providers and provides self-service & automated access to cloud, while ensuring an appropriate set of guardrails are in place.
As part of the team, you will be an integral part in building the core cloud capabilities the company needs to ensure a secure and cost-efficient cloud experience for all our developers.
- Develop, operate, and maintain self-service capabilities for LEGO multi-cloud landing zone. Our self-service is exposed via API’s built in Python and in our internal development portal crafted in React/Typescript
- Our Cloud Engineers focuses primarily on helping other teams in our digital organization embrace and use cloud, and so the candidate will be interacting extensively with and helping other product teams.
- Recommend fundamental application redesign changes required to function in a cloud environment and assist product teams with advisory engagement to accelerate cloud adoption.
- Continuously improve engineering excellence within the team, improving the landing zone that the LEGO cloud engineering community build their products on.
- Identify and develop technical capabilities and self-service API’s and user interfaces.
- Collaborating with fellow engineers in and out of the team to build capabilities for self-service and empowered DevOps product teams.
- Be an advocate for LEGO Cloud-First strategies. Represent the Cloud team at both internal developer communities, as well as at external events (such as hosting workshops, Hackathons).
Play your part in our team succeeding
The team is a core team for LEGO Group, providing foundational capabilities for our product teams using or migrating to cloud. We are supporting hundreds of LEGO engineers, and we are planning to expand. We are the guides in Cloud in the organization. That is why we are the ones that help product teams adopt Cloud and assist them with creation of a DevSecOps experience.
The landing zone spans multiple clouds and Edge and runs some of our most critical workloads. We are seeing growth of the platform and are looking to shift gears to deliver the best multi-cloud experience for our brave engineering colleagues.
The team is based at the brand-new LEGO Campus in Billund. The work environment is exciting, inspiring, flexible, and we like to have fun along the way!
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for several profiles and preferred candidates holds a Cloud Computing Certification (AWS, Azure or GCP). You are an experienced software developer (Front-end, Back-end or DevSecOps) in enterprise cloud management. And we will like you to have proficient within Git/GitHub and CI/CD, and knowledge/curiosity about modern Cloud technology and tools. Experience in agile ways of working is encouraged.
Maybe your technology toolbox contains some of these: Python, React, Typescript, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Microservices, Amazon Web Services, API first experience.
To succeed in this role, you preferably have competence within the following:
- Takes initiatives.
- Shown eagerness to continuous learning through your previous experiences.
- Dare to speak up and learn from the failures.
- Flourish with both experimentations and the long haul.
- Dedication to deliver quality code.
Advanced English both written and verbally are needed since we are an international gathered team.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.