- Richmond Manufacturing, Virginia, United States of America
- Job ID
- Supply Chain
- The Category Buyer will handle all the commercial aspects with LEGO Suppliers to ensure the supply of Indirect materials and services to LMR on time and with the right level of quality agreed with our internal customers and team members.
- To lead commercial aspects with The LEGO Group suppliers in a high level of spend, risk or criticality for the operation, following the Global Procurement Policies and Processes oriented to provide value within category global plan set.
- To led tender projects between multidisciplinary teams though Procure to Pay process to accomplish meeting the quality and expectations agreed with our internal customers and partners to enable manufacturing operation.
- To perform continuous benchmarking through market insights and category screenings to secure we stay ahead of competition and generate high impact value savings or cost avoidance.
- To build and negotiate contracts under designated categories of responsibility following The LEGO Group frame to support mitigating risk, following the different policies, and generating benefit for the company.
- To develop tactical and proactive plans oriented for improvements within the category or Procurement Processes through the different continuous improvement tools to support critical metrics are always on track or challenged when needed.
- To lead the purchasing requirements of the internal users through the knowledge of purchase system (Coupa) to ensure supply at right time and with required quality.
- Align with the Procurement Processes related to the Supply Chain Security Programs (CTPAT-OEA) through internal applicable processes and guidelines to comply of the requirements of these Programs.
Are you up for the challenge?
- +5 years of experience in the Procurement or Sourcing area of a manufacturing company.
- SAP, Oracle or Coupa is a plus.
Join the global LEGO® team
We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.