- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Are you a dedicated Backend Software Engineer who wants to join a team who build simple efficient software solutions?
If so, we are looking for a software engineer to help us build simple efficient software solutions to increase the efficiency of trade promotions in the LEGO Group.
We are crafting a system that unifies and streamlines the work of our key account managers when they plan upcoming promotions in LEGO stores all over the world.
As part of the team, you will be building upon this system, so we can plan the best possible promotions of the LEGO brand, provide better insight into our trade investments, provide meaningful data to our demand planning supply line, and help us in the LEGO Group encourage and develop the builders of tomorrow.
We value trying out new solutions and solving exciting problems. We are given the tools, responsibility, and decision power needed to succeed in delivering the best possible solution for our end users.
- Deliver high quality, working software on a continuous basis.
- You will provide technical excellence and support the team with improving our codebase
- Bring innovative ideas and input.
- Work within an agile environment
- Collaborate across technical teams
- Guide technical decisions to turn this into a simple coherent solution for our users.
Play your part in succeeding:
We support The LEGO Group with cloud-based services, websites, and integrations. The purpose is to increase visibility of our trade promotions that are running in all markets we have in the LEGO Group.
The main technologies we work with are AWS (Amazon Web Services) lambdas, Postgres, Typescript with React and Nodejs. Our services are hosted in AWS and use cloud services. We deploy software to production several times a week. We improve our performance by using the DORA metrics and trying out new ways of working.
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience with web-based development
- The desire to work with both frontend and backend development
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience working with web-based API´s either as RESTful services or using GraphQL.
- Would like to understand the full picture of a web-based application stack
- Knowledge and understanding of web-based frontends and the interactions between frontend and backend.
- Good understanding of the foundations the internet is built and understanding about enterprise integration patterns will be an advantage.
Advanced English both written and verbal would be ideal as we are an internationally team.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.