- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
As part of Kids Technology in the digital LEGO organization, you will join in our mission of creating and operating great digital LEGO experiences for Kids. Our department is engineering, architecture, and product lead. We work in agile and empowered product teams, each pursuing their own part of the greater mission.
Our responsibilities are, among other things, LEGO.com/Kids, the LEGO Life app, and the LEGO Digital Building Instructions. You will take part in building and designing backends for frontends, rest services, APIs and collaborate closely with app and frontend developers in and outside your product team. On this journey, we strive to remain in the lead when it comes to utilizing the cloud to its full potential, for instance, through serverless architecture.
You will work on experiences that will reach millions of kids and adults worldwide, and you will join a highly skilled international team that values individual talents and team spirit, where playing and having fun is an integral part of working.
- Take responsibility for designing the technical solution of the experience and build the best-in-class solutions in close collaboration with Product- and Design Lead
- Develop, operate & maintain robust and scalable solutions - striking the right balance between feature set, security, quality, and deadlines, applying a “you build it – you run it” philosophy.
- Continuously improve the health of the team's codebase and systems, from dev to live, ensuring the current state is visible outside the team.
- Ensure world-class quality and be a steward of the LEGO values that consumers expect from our brand.
- Bring your curiosity to explore new technologies that can help us improve and move our solutions.
- The position is primarily focused on engineering the backend part of our experiences, but if you prefer to work fullstack there is also room and opportunites for you
- Actively participate and contribute to cross organizational initiatives, sharing knowledge and building communities
- 5+ years of documented experience from a related IT position as full stack, backend, or web engineer
- Experienced in the C# language on the .Net framework
- Know-how on databases, both relational and NoSQL
- Understanding of security aspects of web-based solutions
- Experience building REST services/APIs
- Understanding Domain Driven Design and loosely coupled systems
- Proven ability in leading an end-to-end feature development team through modern agile methodologies
- Experience with databases, both relational and NoSQL
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or an IT focused commercial degree. Alternatively, proven experience from similar positions
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.