- Billund LEGO Campus, Denmark
- Job ID
- IT, Telecom & Internet
Are you energized by working on a digital product which serves 48million+ global users? Are you interested in advocating modern engineering practices in the LEGO group? Are you action driven and leading by example type engineer? Come and have a dialogue with us.
We are recruiting a Lead Backend Engineer for LEGO® Account experience & flow team.
- You will drive a product team for tangible outcome/delivery and is the technical representative of a range of applications within the LEGO® account product area.
- You provide technical leadership, ensure cross-team alignment to the overall architecture/technical solutions within the subdomain and are the go-to person when team members need a hand on solving technical issues.
- You understand OKRs and can spar with product manager and facilitate processes with the team to help define and execute OKRs on a sprint level.
- You measure the flow of your software development team and continuously improve on team efficiency.
- You actively participate and contribute to cross organizational initiatives and engineer communities.
- You establish and champion modern engineering practices and culture in the subdomain by defining and continuously improving tools, documentation and processes using industry best practices.
- Being secure is critical for LEGO® account. You excel in web security and can actively bring security best practices to the team.
- You will participate in job interviews and act as sparring partner for competency leads to build up the necessary skills within the subdomain.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Today most consumers and shoppers first encounter with the LEGO® brand is through a digital experience. In this role you are part of making sure that the first impression is a great one. If you love digital and wants to go to work each morning knowing that the fruit of your work will reach a unique audience and inspire the builders of tomorrow – join our awesome team.
The LEGO® Account products are serving a great number of consumer experiences, for instance: www.LEGO.com, LEGO® Building Instructions App, LEGO® Life app, LEGO® IDEAS, and our external game partners and vendors. LEGO® account is our core identity management system for millions of kids, adults, and families. It is the center piece of our LEGO® connected ecosystem.
Do you have what it takes:
The preferred candidate is a self-driven and a collaborator with effective communication skills and delivery mindset.
- 6+ years of experience in back-end software development using C#/.NET or other high-level programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience with architecting and operating high-performance serverless solutions in the cloud, preferably on AWS.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience for ensuring security in web-based solutions.
- 2+ years of leading software development team through agile methodologies.
- Experience with databases, both relational databases, and NoSQL
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
In addition, it would be preferred if you have:
- Experiences with OAuth, OIDC protocols and interests in Identity Management system.
- Experiences with distributed system, event-driven architecture, event streaming platforms and backend for front end design patten.
- Bachelor or master’s degree within Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar or solid experience from similar position.
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.