Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Year of the Tiger gift with LEGO® purchase over 85 €, valid 10/01-27/01 while stocks last.*Learn more
Send your train roaring down the track! Lay out your tracks, then add this LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor to your train engine, combined with the required parts, and you’re ready to roll!
- Includes wheels and cross axles
- Use with #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box to have on-train speed control
- Requires #8878 LEGO Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box or #8881 LEGO Power Functions Battery Box
- Use with #8884 LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver and #8879 LEGO Power Functions IR Speed remote control to build a remote controlled train
90% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- November 27th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun Product - Run without IR SensorI would recommend this to a friend!Great option for the holiday train. Just added to our set this year. ISSUE: Installing the engine and battery pack only causes the train to run way too fast and it flies off the track. Lego store personnel during the holidays were not knowledgeable enough to inform us when purchasing. Easy Solution: Use 3 dead batteries, 3 new batteries. Achieved perfect speed. *this is when using without the IR Sensor or remote. Dead batteries are easy to find in kids toys :)Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 minsWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- December 16th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0ExcellentI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is an excellent LEGO product. It is strong and can go fast. It is easy to install and can be used with almost all LEGO trains. At fourteen dollars, it is an excellent deal.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- February 1st, 2013Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Improved Low end Torque but needs improvementI would recommend this to a friend!Improved over its predecessor - it has more pulling power - especially at the lower power level range - this is very important since it doesn't draw power power from the train track but must draw power from the 9v battery pack. Unlike the Power Function M-Motor - the Power Function Train Motor does not have enough torque/power at the low current level (as supplied by four Lego Power Function Solar Panels) to pull a train car. So I'm disappointed in that respect. At high speeds especially when the track is not flat or the track is making a sharp turn - the rail wheels might lift off the track or slip on the track causing either a derailment or loss of power. There is sort of a balancing act between keeping rolling resistance down and maintaining enough wheel traction - don't know the answer to this one - I've seen a bunch of lego track modifications to deal with this problem...design works for modern diesel trains but notfor powering a working steam enginePlay Experience3.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- January 19th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent Power Function addition for Lego Trains!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAbsolutely love using this, as it's compatible even with older sets: Now I can run my old 9V trains on my non-9V tracks! My only problem with it isn't a flaw with it directly, but rather it's absence from the Lego Digital Designer catalog.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Shop more like this: