Training Manager – LEGO Education (Boston, MA)
Help ensure The LEGO Group maintains its high-quality standards.The Training Manager for the US market is responsible for overseeing the LEGO Education Certified Training program in the US including trainer recruitment, onboarding, training delivery, and quality assurance of delivery which promises a high level of customer satisfaction
Enable us to achieve our goal of giving teachers the best possible experience with LEGO Education resourcesThe role includes significant and active collaboration with sales and solutions teams in the US in order to drive reach and quality of our professional development offerings. The Training Manager must ensure that the globally created program materials are relevant to the US market, aligned to research and best practices in adult learning, and meet the high-quality standards and “learning through play” philosophy of LEGO Education. The Training Manager also serves as a model for exemplary professional learning demonstrating LE values and culture as well as best practices of effective professional development. Although focused on the US market and based in the US, the Training Manager will be part of the global Professional Development and Training team of Master Trainers based in Asia and Europe.
Main areas of responsibility & key tasks:Manage LEGO Education Certified Training Program in the US
• Oversee the LEGO Education Certified Training (LCT) program by delivering LCT programs to meet market need.
• Model and deliver exemplar professional development to teachers, leaders, trainers to showcase best-in-class professional STEAM learning .
• Working with LEGO sales and solutions professionals, recruit new trainers to join corps group of LEGO Certified Trainers; ensure all acceptance criteria to program are met.
• Provide clear guidelines, expectations and quality assurance measures to ensure programs will be delivered aligned to LEGO Education’s philosophy of “learning through play” and best practices of adult professional learning.
• Provide ongoing feedback and support to trainers and continuously develop solutions to improve training.
• Innovate and execute loyalty and recognition initiatives to foster retention and boost satisfaction.
Provide sales and solutions teams ongoing support to drive solution sales
• Collaborate consistently with the sales and solutions teams to drive solution sales which include professional development focused on customer needs.
• Provide professional learning acumen and product knowledge to sales and solutions teams in crafting customized solutions when necessary requiring flexible models and delivery.
• Deliver product-centric training to sales teams when necessary.
• Engage with customers, sales and solutions teams in order to understand short- and medium-term opportunities for change and innovation.
• Listen assiduously to critical stakeholders and customers to collect feedback and translate insights into recommendations for improvement in programs or delivery.
• Ensure training materials are aligned to sound adult learning practices and research, current research on STEAM standards and education, and LEGO Education’s approach to ‘learning through play.”
• Contribute to development of new, innovative professional development content when needed to meet specific needs of the US and/or global market.
• Facilitate collaborate teamwork towards continuous improvement of training solutions
Partners and New Opportunities
• Respond to market changes and needs by researching, identifying, facilitating and managing delivery partners of professional development solutions
• Support certification and accreditation component of the global PD strategy by researching, identifying, identifying, facilitating and managing potential certification partners of professional development solutions
Training Trends and Market Movement
• Keep up to date on trends in adult learning, professional development and STEAM education both in the US and global.
• Communicate trends, knowledge, best practice research to global team of Master Trainers, LEGO Certified Trainers.
• Provide ongoing feedback to product development teams reflecting customer needs, requests and ongoing changes occurring on the PD and STEAM learning landscape.
Do you have what it takes?- Minimum 7 years of experience from teaching and/or facilitating training courses, developing training material and courses.
- Knowledge and experience in STEAM learning, robotics and/or coding.
- Preferred knowledge of and experience with LEGO Education Products
- Knowledge of adult learning principles. ‘learning through play” and latest research trends in professional development
- Must be able to travel 30-50 days a year
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Clear oral and written communication
- Strong, dynamic facilitation skills
Join the global LEGO® Group FamilyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The LEGO® Group has a saying, “LEGO® before ego”. No one is selfish and you work to drive the business, not your own career. There is open communication and each employee invests time into getting to know their colleagues. “ VP of Operations in Americas & Pacific
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 860-763-7777, Option 4 (for TTY, dial 711) or RS_US@LEGO.com. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.