Sr Procurement Project Manager, Systems
Are you interested in defining the future positioning of the LEGO brand in the digital era?Bring your expertise and help create digital system components within the LEGO play system.
Core ResponsibilitiesPROJECT MANAGEMENT/ PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Be the point of contact from Procurement Director Systems (in line with Category Strategy defined by Procurement Director) to key component suppliers and system design houses in the product development process, from platform definition over concept and design freeze up to technical design freeze (the milestones) after which this design related supply base will be transferred to the Procurement Director OEM/ODM.
• Secure reliability of smooth, on-time delivery and outstanding quality of project development & outcomes according to above mentioned milestones.
• Be the interface from Procurement Systems to Procurement OEM/ODM for each of the defined novelty projects. Work with both parties in defining the specific Project Sourcing Map (which key components to be supplied to which OEM/ODM partner with definition of controlling authority per key component in the project)
SUPPLY BASE DEVELOPMENT
• Work with the supply base development people in Shenzhen to secure access for the projects to key component and system suppliers in the digital sourcing industry. Secure access to forward looking product, technology and cost roadmaps in alignment with LEGO requirements defined by Procurement Director Systems.
• Secure access to Software & System houses, ASIC designs, ISV’s, FAE’s, and the full eco-system of key component suppliers.
• Work hand-in-hand with the Procurement Director OEM/ODM to make jointly strategic decisions for LEGO group over the full value chain (how to sustain access to the critical component suppliers after transfer to the OEM/ODM external partner)
SOURCING & SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
• Support and Manage Global Category Plan per project by contracting/ negotiation processes, tracking performance & drive improvement plans over the defined project milestones
• Support Procurement Director Systems in global initiatives through global category forums
• Lead RFQ (request for quotation) process on Systems supply per project to secure best values (feature, functionality), costing as defined by category strategy
• Develop and drive supply platform to support novelty project development
• Perform ongoing feature, reliability and cost analysis of components & modules (systems) offered by suppliers, ensure highest quality at lowest possible cost
• Manage and minimize product risk & supplier risk in the defined projects by preventive action and contingency plan hereby relying on the proven product and technology reliability (including certifications and validations) of the system supplier in cooperation with the supply base development colleagues.
• Drive and improve supplier relationship & performance in collaboration with other stakeholders to mitigate supply risk.
• Ensure high-quality, high-performance product creation process at supplier side
• Manage resolution of supplier quality issues in product life cycle including process of product certification and validation
RELATIONSHIP/ STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
• Support Procurement Director Systems in stakeholder management with critical component suppliers and hereby collaborate with European Product Technology teams according to the project milestones defined
• Ensure strong collaboration with the ODM/OEM Procurement team in transferring from Concept to Design phase and in securing smooth industrialization of key components at ODM/OEM site.
• Understand the requirements of the Toy Industry in which the suppliers have to operate.
• Share best practices globally; be responsible for governance and compliance, uphold LEGO policies & practices.
• Continuously seek improvements in daily work independently.
• Support management & global team with various responsibilities, initiatives and projects.
• Support development of others within functional area.
Play your part in our team succeeding• The role is centrally positioned in the project creation of digital system components within the LEGO play system by integrating digital supplier capabilities within the product development competencies of Product Technology. The role in the project teams interfacing Product Technology in Europe with Digital supply base (mainly in Asia) is critical
• Securing access to the roadmaps of key suppliers, defines the success of LEGO Digital System Play as it secures our access to the identified “must have” Digital Play Features and Functionalities.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor’s (or preferably, Master’s) Degree in Business Management – with major in technology environments.
• PMP certification
• Min 12+ years of relevant working experience in capacity of Product Manager, Project Manager of highly complex multi-functional projects which are touching mechanical, electronics, software, hardware components.
• Experienced in dealing with global dispersed teams is a “must have” requirement i.e. development teams in Europe, supply base in Asia, factories in Eastern Europe or Asia…
• Understanding of project costing (Project Opex and Capex).
• Experience in Project Procurement Management is preferred
• Strong negotiation, communication, influencing and analytical skills with ability to develop & manage supplier and stakeholder relationships on global level
• Understanding of ODM/ OEM/ EMS value chain models to secure smooth transition with colleague
• Ability to work effectively both independently (as direct leader is overseas) and as part of a team
• Strong strategic & analytical thinking abilities
• Solution and results orientation with proven ability to deliver
• Proactive and collaborative
• Advanced English & Chinese
• Willingness and ability to travel
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
LEGO carries a strong brand platform which enters the digital age. Being at the forefront of the convergence between its physical legacy and its digital ambition is the dream of every builder-engineer….
LEGO not only offers you the opportunity to be a part of a company with a very special mission, but you will be at the forefront of defining the future positioning of the LEGO brand in the digital era of the Company versus its customer base i.e. the children. It also presents you with exciting challenges working in a highly collaborative environment alongside extremely talented colleagues which you will have the benefit of learning from.