Senior Director, Government & Public Affairs, EMEA
United Kingdom, London; Belgium; Denmark
Are you passionate about bringing your extensive political and policy insights in to play and influence both internal and external decision makers in our EMEA region?This is your opportunity to play a role in building and enhancing the position of the LEGO Group as a responsible company by sharing our purpose, ambitions, results and expertise across the EMEA markets.
Overall responsibility for Government & Public Affairs (GPA) in the EMEA region.
• Lead and develop the EMEA GPA team and be active and supportive GPA-LT member.
• Develop and deliver GPA Activity Plans that support the business plans in the EMEA priority countries.
• Develop and oversee a strategic advocacy program that delivers impactful platforms engaging key stakeholders on issues and topics of priority to the LEGO Group. Activate the Executive Leadership team (ELT) and EMEA leaders in activities of high consequence and impact.
• Provide policy and risk analysis to senior leadership
• Map, assess, manage and communicate legislative risks and opportunities and ensure effective transition of external demands to internal stakeholders.
• Take leadership role in toy and trade associations, which includes strategy setting and influencing direction on key industry issues.
• Active role in other key associations in the market.
Play your part in our team succeeding
GPA is an important enabler of the growth and globalization of the LEGO Group. We work towards a favorable legislative and regulatory environment through comprehensive issues management ensuring no surprises to the operating model. We deliver a public affairs program that builds reputation, goodwill and political capital with regulators, politicians, interest groups, NGOs and the local communities establishing the LEGO Group as a leader in the toy industry as well as a global leader in Learning Through Play.
Building upon our overall purpose to champion learning through play, we position the LEGO Group as a global leader and respected and responsible company by sharing our purpose, ambitions, results and expertise in a manner that is relevant and compelling to our stakeholders.
As part of a global Government and Public Affairs leadership team you will influence strategic direction for the LEGO Brand Group through your political and policy insights as through providing opportunities for senior leaders to participate in high level stakeholder engagement.
Moreover, you have the opportunity to shape and develop a global GPA team through your role on the GPA LT. Expected travel: 30-45 days/year.
Do you have what it takes?
• University degree at Masters-level in relevant area (ex. political science, international relations, law, communication)
• Experience from consumer products industry, public affairs consultancy, business consultancy, authorities or similar (10+ years)
• Strong and proven people leadership skills
• Proven ability to analyze and transfer complex external knowledge to actionable internal use
• Proven ability to develop and deliver public affairs and advocacy programs
• Proven ability to work independently and proven ability to set strategic objectives in the GPA area
• Fluent in English both written and verbal
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role - and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality - use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"You will lead the GPA team and efforts in the LEGO Group´s largest markets. You are the interface between the various government authorities and the LEGO Group in a period of high unpredictability in political and policy developments, helping to navigate the LEGO Group through these uncertainties to achieve our commercial and citizenship goals."
You will experience the amazing positive impact of the LEGO brand, our innovative spirit and be part of enhancing our fun and collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to share your ideas and develop your career with one of world’s leading and most respected brands, in an environment that supports both personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
Bruxelles, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom