Senior Customer Service Advisor - Maternity cover
Are you interested in bringing the unique LEGO experience to the hands of children by maintaining high standard costumer collaboration and satisfaction?Bring your experience and structured way of working to the table and help maintain the high standard customer service of LEGO. Join us to take ownership in reporting and driving corrective actions as well as to support our Sales and Operations teams.
Core Responsibilities• Complete ownership of order-to-cash process
• Maintain high standard customer collaboration and satisfaction via order handling and fulfillment, logistics, data exchange, general service and responsiveness
• Ownership in regular reporting focused on country and Business Unit performance, KPIs, Inventories and Business agendas; including driving the necessary corrective actions and communications
• Support sales and operations teams with operations related analysis
Play your part in our team succeedingThe Operations Department consists of 7 people located in 3 countries (Poland, Ukraine, Baltics). Responsibilities of the department are driving daily operations agenda, including order intake, shipping, customs clearance, deliver and claims management. Close collaboration with Sales and Marketing departments to obtain and forecast best possible volume projections and subsequent execution of agreed volumes. Work includes daily contact with stakeholders across whole business unit, but is not limited to, other important relations include Distribution Centre or Global Transport Departments (Czech Republic, Denmark).
Do you have what it takes?• University degree in economics, logistics or similar
• 2 years’ experience within sales support or customer service, overall 5 year work experience
• Fluent verbal and written English
• SAP experience (SD module)
• Strong PC and Microsoft Office skills (esp. Excel)
• Experience with sales is an advantage
• Very strong structured, analytical and communicative person - Fast learner
• Previous experience with SAP
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
To work in this role means to bring the unique LEGO experience to the hands of children by planning and delivering goods to all our retailers.