Senior Credit Risk Manager
Denmark, Billund; Czech Republic
Do you want to own the credit risk management agenda for a Market Group within Europe?With this role you will be the owner of and subject matter expert in credit risk management for the Market Group.You will operate your own portfolio of major customers and at the same ensure the right credit risk setup and framework are in place for all customers within the Market Group, including process, tools and training.
Core ResponsibilitiesOverall responsible for enabling the Credit Risk Management in the Market Group as special matter expert (SME). This means:
• Establish and maintain good collaboration with the KAM/GM/BU/Market Group head, the Finance Business Partners (FBP) and A/R in order to master and ensure credit risk has been appropriately addressed
• Building credit risk capabilities and embed credit risk understanding across the organization
• Contribute in developing concepts and functional expertise with Credit Risk Management
• Securing credit risk visibility and reporting on customer and portfolio level
• Providing credit limit recommendations and alerts on customers
• Advising on risk mitigations and opportunities
• Driving processes for credit risk monitoring and knowledge sharing
Play your part in our team succeedingThe Credit Risk function is a small global team and owner of the Credit Risk Management agenda globally. CRM is a part of Finance and works closely together with Sales as well as the FBPs and A/R organization.
The function enables and secure the business in making conscious credit risk decisions and selling to the right customers by balancing financial and commercial risks and opportunities.
This is done in two ways:
1) The team secures high quality credit risk operation and management on the major customers including monitoring of risk exposure and risk mitigation. Low volume but high complexity.
2) Secondly, as owner of the credit risk management agenda, the team secures a proper credit risk setup and framework, defines and implements concepts globally and secure functional expertise of Credit Risk Management across departments in the LEGO Group. This means the function creates and secures the frames for efficient credit risk management within the Sales, Finance and BSO (Business Service Operation). The BSO runs and owns the daily operations of Account Receivable.
The main challenge is to facilitate the tradeoff discussion and decisions that secure the right balance of financial and commercial risks and opportunities, i.e. how to make the risk transparent, how to mitigate risk and how to secure the decision is consciously made. Furthermore, driving structured credit risk changes and embed globally, requires a solid and consistence change management to ensure impact and value creation.
Do you have what it takes?• Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant
• Min. 8 to 10 years of relevant working experience and a good business understanding
• Robust, independent and pro-active behavior
• Experience in Credit Risk and understanding of A/R processes
• Master stakeholder management and relationship building and maintenance (also outside Finance)
• Ability to talk to all people on different organization levels; Pragmatic – balancing the Finance and Sales point of views
• Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate messages in a simple and convincing manner
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
The role is attractive because it covers both front and back offices responsibility and tasks. It challenges and makes it fun to balance the stewardship role but at the same time keeping a good relationship to key stakeholders in Sales, Finance and BSO, i.e. balancing the commercial arguments with the financial risk.
This means that the person should be able to connect the dots between the Sales and Finance world, which challenges the competences and very much the capabilities. This will give many learning and development opportunities out of the comfort zone.