Retail Construction Manager
Location: ShanghaiThe LEGO always make contribution to the world and has a transparent and open culture in daily work. We are open and have collaborative working environment. LEGO is worldwide known on leading product safety and high quality.
Core Responsibilities30% Stakeholder and Internal Department Management and Collaboration:
• Act as New Store Development contact in Senior Directors absence
• Active Participation in Global Retail cross function/synergy meetings
• Drives AAR yearly, analyzing and capturing of historical data and trends to promote competitive advantage in future years
• Active collaboration with added value expertise regarding in-store refurbishments and remodels, contributing to future planning.
• Drives continuous alignment of processes across markets
• Oversees the coordination and process of Global incoming and outgoing information
• Responsible for all information with/from Global Finance for proper cost control and budget management
• Actively supports Creative Visual team in project planning and achieving milestones; providing leadership as necessary.
• Lead fixtures’ logistics, planning and troubleshooting.
• Primary contact with Global Procurement, driving contract negotiation and exchange
30% Vendor Management
• Driver of establishing new relationships within the China vendor portfolio, while maintaining the strength of current vendor relationships.
• Managing owner of fixture inventory for China Store Development; ensuring routine tracking, reconciliation and recaps as necessary
• Owner of the planning, coordination and communication with centralized Warehouse
• Oversees the coordination of furnished fixture orders, shipping, flow and delivery, for new stores, remodels and projects.
• Ownership of centralized catalog archive of all Store Construction retail fixtures; collect, update and organize shop drawings, specs and related material.
• Responsible for continually evaluating the external relationship and processes as set currently; empowered to challenge details, in an effort to streamline, improve and gain insight.
30% Project Management
• Oversees day to day processes of streamlining, efficiency and cost control of store build outs, remodels and refurbishments, in China.
• Ensures teams’ ownership of global construction meetings; facilitating and managing the content of agenda points through meeting notes, action items and follow up information as needed.
• Primary contact for China organization between external Project Managers and LEGO internal stakeholders for complete transparency of all projects.
• Drives alignment with Retail China Team to insure smooth transition between Real Estate and Store Development and Operations.
• Oversees contribution of information to internal New Store SharePoint site; ensuring best practice and simplicity.
• Responsible for timely budget tracking, reconciliation and recap, for current/up to date status of all Global projects; bringing up concerns/issues immediately.
• Ownership in Budget planning, tracking and recap Meetings with Stakeholders and respective Retail Controllers.
• Manage external PM’s to meet timelines and milestone of small ad hock projects.
• Oversee processes related to external maintenance partners, sharing ownership with Operations Manager
• Evaluation, feedback, and accountability tracking using measurable values and behavior
• 1:1 meetings with internal and external stakeholders to share/provide feedback, constructive criticism and value adding benefit
• Meetings with Senior Director to track own performance and teams performance
Play your part in our team succeedingOne of Retail Development department’s focus is to support the Retail growth plan, by effectively and efficiently achieving the goal of building profitable and viable Brand Retail Flagship Stores, Concept Stores and LEGO Certified Stores (LCS), globally. This includes strong collaboration, whilst acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of the Retail team members as well as third party/external Project Managers, Vendors, Architects and General Contractors. It also includes a strong focus on defining and streamlining processes, as well as overall cost and quality control.
As part of the global Retail Expansion Team, this role tactically leads the China south/mid part of the department focusing on LCS - New Store Build-Outs, Refurbishments and Remodels, Maintenance, and special Retail projects, in support of the LEGO growth initiative by achieving and delivering goals according to plan. This role will be heavily responsible for the management of the external vendor team, medium and long term priorities setting and establishing processes and planning, ensuring alignment and collaboration with business stakeholders in China. Responsible for meeting milestones, budget management and inventory control. Ownership in maintaining and improving the external Vendor/Partner Portfolio for maximum quality, service and costs.
Do you have what it takes?EXPERIENCE –
• 5 years of work experience in the retail construction, project management, or business development industry.
• Proven track record of being able to manage several projects/tasks at one time.
• 3 years Global experience or work for an international company
• Highly effective negotiation skills
• Track record of working with top level Stakeholders, including level of presentation skills and professional behavior
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational/prioritization skills.
• Flexible and can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Excellent PC experience requiring Microsoft Office Windows, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project; experience working with PDF and CAD files.
• Ability to understand drawings/blueprints, as-built drawings and shop drawings.
• Must be able to learn, understand and grasp concept design and execution of concept.
• Ability to set high goals/standards and achieve them.
• Work with external vendors.
• Global experience or work for an international company preferred.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
• Experience supporting and handling multiple projects at a time.
• Ability and experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Experience working with other departments outside of immediate context, including external vendors.
• Experience working with budget monitoring and tracking.
• 30-40% - international travel included
• Willingness travel domestically and form time to time internationally
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
The success of teamwork – Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.